Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Greatest Cage Matches DVD to be released.

• 19-09-2003 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

2 Disc DVD set to be released. The following matches are penned in for it.

Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff (1975)
    Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson (1979)
    Sammartino vs. Larry Zbyszko (1980)
    Backlund vs. Jimmy Snuka (1980)
    Backlund vs. Stan Hansen (1981)
    Snuka vs. Don Muraco (1983)
    Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard (1985)
    Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes (1986)
    Rock & Roll Express vs. Ole & Arn Anderson (1986)
    Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorff (1987)
    Flair vs. Ron Garvin (1987)
    Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty (1993)
    Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (1995)
    Bret Hart vs. Isaac Yankem (Kane) (1995)
    HHH vs. Mankind (1997)
    HHH vs. Rock (1999)
    Vince McMahon vs. Steve Austin (1999)
    Edge & Christian vs. Hardys (2000)
    Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (2001)
    Edge vs. Angle (2002)

I wouldn't be interested in this myself as I've seen over half the ones listed there. The Michaels/Janetty one was brilliant and way ahead of its time. Hogan V Orndorf was vicious (Orndorff was a stiff worker so Hogan went the same way cos he was sick of getting his neck bashed in), Angle/Benoit is the famous moonsault off the top of the cage where he bounced off the ring afterwards.

It'll be interesting for collectors though.
    Nero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

how did they get around the wwf logo problam, i taught they couldnt releas any old videos/dvd's because of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

I'd love to know that as well, I bought Shawn Michaels: From The Vault and there didn't appear to be much in the way of blurring (and all the matches were pre WWE with the exception of last years Summerslam match). Unless they did a lot of camera angle editing. I'm not into film editing so I wouldn't know.

Same for NWO Back in Black and Hulk Still Rules, they were all released after the WWE name change (yet are now hard to get already!)

Nero

Advertisement