Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dutch government want my license!!

Options
  • 19-09-2003 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Well not my license, a mates, but that doesn't make for as dramatic a headline! Anyhows, after spending 3.5 yrs avoidin the Dam I persauded a mate that he should come back with a group of us for a reunion type session. Ya see 3.5 yrs ago he was arrested for Drink driving & it went to court, he recieved a massive fine & a driving ban of 6 months. He left country and thought no more of it. Until last friday, & immigration stopped him & told him to surrender his dutch licence, which he doesn't have within 3 weeks. Probably goin to send his Irish licence as he has no plans in driving over the next few months anyway(prick is off to oz) But the major concern is whether or not they can endorse his licence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Mythago
    Well not my license, a mates, but that doesn't make for as dramatic a headline! Anyhows, after spending 3.5 yrs avoidin the Dam I persauded a mate that he should come back with a group of us for a reunion type session. Ya see 3.5 yrs ago he was arrested for Drink driving & it went to court, he recieved a massive fine & a driving ban of 6 months. He left country and thought no more of it. Until last friday, & immigration stopped him & told him to surrender his dutch licence, which he doesn't have within 3 weeks. Probably goin to send his Irish licence as he has no plans in driving over the next few months anyway(prick is off to oz) But the major concern is whether or not they can endorse his licence?

No they cant endorse his Irish licence. Surprised they didnt hold him as he didnt pay the fine.
    Has be come home? They would probably exterdite him and spend a nice time in a dutch jail.

As for going to OZ he wont get in with a conviction and criminal record.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

No they cant endorse his Irish licence. Surprised they didnt hold him as he didnt pay the fine.

He paid the fine (approx 2k IRP) & assumed the driving ban was in effect in Holland when he left. Poor man was in the dumps after bein pulled up by immigration, real downer on his weekend.
    As for going to OZ he wont get in with a conviction and criminal record.

He included all the relevant details on his visa app & got it.

Anyways, posted his licence to Holland today so he leavin it all behind for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Well, let that be a lesson to him for being a total muppet to Drink Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Totally unrelated, but.....

A friend of mine was telling me of a common stunt done by lads in new zealand. If they'r going to oz to work for six months they set out to see who can get the 12 points fastest and who can get the highest speeding ticket. 12 points = 6 month ban and licence is then back to zero points.

kinda cool in a dangerous way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

:ninja:

you wont get past the migration in australia, i was there and i know all about them.

a friend i met in thailand got turned away at the airport, he had a criminal record, even thou he got his visa, he was back home next day, wasted over a grand......

ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

you wont get past the migration in australia, i was there and i know all about them.

It's his second time there since Dutch incident, first time for 9 months & this time for 2 or 3. He's currently in Freemantle...

Advertisement