Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WMA plugin for Winamp3

• 19-09-2003 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a WMA plugin for winamp3. Had a quick search on the winamp site but can't find one.

Cheers,
    TC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

WMA? Windows Media Audio? Winamp3 Plays them already, well mine does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the wma plugin that comes with winamp3/2.91 is crap but Ryo is right, it should be there.
    afair you should get the option to install it when you're installing winamp...

http://winamp.com/download/;$sessionid$5MPMK4XGO0H5ZTN24UYBC0I
    you need the full version of winamp3/2.91 to get wma support, chances are you're using the standard/lite version.
    (the full version is stull free btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thanks guys. That explains why I can't play wma files in w3. I just hate using windows media player. Its so gäy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

the wma plugin that comes with winamp3/2.91 is crap

Damn right, it has to buffer for at least 3-4 seconds if you skip forward of back in a song. I like my music instant!

Interestingly, I know for a fact that the older version of winamp I used to use (2.XX, the last before 3) had no such problem with buffering of wma, it was instant in skipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

hmmm, i tried it in winamp 2.91 (released after 3) and it had that buffering problem, so i just deleted the plugins:)
    i think i've got 2.81 somewhere on the hd, might install that & nick its wma plugin...

• Advertisement
Advertisement