Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Hacking Update

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

10 times and he still doesn't get it. You still didn't answer my question? How long have you actually been around on Irish servers? Do you actually play on them?

Off topic.

For those people who don't know about Netbus and what not. http://www.commodon.com/threat/frame.htm Go look at the cool and groovey
    programs that are currently out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 neo

LOL, Hobbes, Ive told you about 100 times that my site isn't supposed to be "cool", "outstanding", besides, its only there for newbies.... and besides, if you hate it so much, why do you keep posting replys on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Actually Neo Hobbes has a point, do you play on the Irish Servers???

Gandalf.

No, I dont play on Irish servers.

Strange then that your posting your Quake Cheats site on an Irish Message board isn't it then. You could be messing games up for us by allowing certain elements over here access to this information on cheating and your games will not be effected. Also where are you posting from and where do you play from (just curious).

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

Well, As I said before im not here to ruin anyones quake game, Im just here to have fun, maybe post my site, I dunno,

I play post from and play from United States servers, and so does a lot of the users on this board. There is a lot of American users here, im sorry if I hurt the irish quake game in any way..

Neo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

with the exception of hobbes (who is still in USA) i reckon no-one here plays US servers. too damn laggy. christ, we cant even get a decent connection to england for god sakes

i said it before and i'll say it again.
    post about stuff other than your site. put the address in your signiture or something ok. it just gets annoying when every post i see seems to have something about hacks in it. personally i dont care if you put up aimbots galore on the net. hell, i use a hacked pak file myself. just try an vary the posts man, and at least try to get onto an irish server before the rest of the pondscum here take an attitude.
    oh, as for daa and peewee, best you stay away from those topics as you clearly dont quiet understand them. no offence.
    peace
    whitewash

Right Neo you don't play on the Irish Servers but you are prepaired to give Irish players access to cheats. Am I alone in thinking this is a bit stupid. I welcome people from other countries posting to these boards, I enjoy playing against people from other countries but I take exception to people who effect the quality of the games that I play, especially as they will not be effected by their own actions. This kind of cheating may be rife in the US but over here very few people would have the knowledge or the inclination to use it. The Quake scene in this country is a very social one, and if someone did post cheats etc or were found cheating they would be made feel very alone.

If you have something constructive to say please post here, but I reakon you shouldn't advertise any more cheats even if you feel your doing it for information purposes only especially as you do not seem to understand what you are putting up on your site.

Thats my tuppence,

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Threads like this should be closed upon posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

christ lads.....stop having kittens!

all ne0 is doing is saying look heres a page if yeer interested.......if not well then fine dont go looking

fs everyone does it!
    in irc i dont no how many tiems pl spam their addy's
    gand when u had ure page up ages ago u did it too!
    granted that didnt have cheats or nuttin but its the same thing..principle thingie

anyways i think yeer overeeacting over nuttin!
    u'll find examples of this type of thing everywhere u look nowadays........everyones doing it and not just in quake things either
    and hobbes...stop posting about hacking tut tut
    tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by adra (edited 03-06-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Ah lads, the guy seems OK. At least he's making an effort to compromise here. And he does seem reasonable enough.. no strings of swear words, and after that mail from John today I think my standards for gob****es have become even less flexible (not John, the quote in it btw. ... eeeek!...)

The best solution IMO is

Hobbes, Skulker. Ignore Neo. You don't like him, so lets not have a huge argument here. It's really depressing... sad.gif

Neo: If you want to advertise the site. Put it in the signature part of your posts. You can change the text of the siggy when it is updated. Just be sure that there is more actual post than siggy.

Also, be sure that you are not breaching the legal agreement that you agreed to upon registration, ie. no posting illegal stuff. I don't know whether a link to illegal stuff counts for that or not, but we don't really want a business coming down on the boards because this is where some little **** discovered a firewall hack or something.

As has been said, he does have a right to have a website about cheating. Best way to stop a cheat is to know HOW he does it (again my opinion). I would personally prefer if the cheats were maybe on a seperate site where they would be more difficult to get. But, hey, there's nothing we can do about that, so let's just hope that Neo handles his site responsibly and with some common sense.

My .0358 E (approx. 2p)

J.

Aaaaaaaaaaargh! CLOUD!!!!

F A R T was censored??? C'mon, how is that a bad word? F E C K being gone I can live with, though it does cut out some excellent quotes, but I neeeeeeeeed my ****s.... don't interpret that the way it reads, different emphasis tongue.gif

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

adra hun, I wasn't talking about hacking. If you had look at the site you would see while it lists off every type of NetBus/BO variant it does not have them for download and tells you how to detect and remove them. cheeky.gif

hey,

that anti-cheat part is really very good. Very discouraging.

One thing: maybe instead of telling someone that it is about getting caught etc. try labelling it 'ABOUT THE CHEATS', or 'Using Cheats'... maybe also get some real world examples.

That all-white skin looks a bit unfair!

Only one danger still exists now really, paranoia...

/me off to ponder who got excellent shots on me lately....... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blaster

Guys dont know if im right here but neo might just b PeeWee just look at the author's name on the banned peewee and now look at the author's name on the neo post hmm are they the smae if so ur boosted peewee u muppet tongue.gif
    hahahaahhaaha

Blaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blaster

oh mune now says the same too oops sry .
    anyways peeweee is a muppet got that right anyhows tongue.gif

Blaster

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Aside from the repetitive nature of all these posts, whats the big deal with giving access to cheats? If I was playing a game and thought someone was cheating, I'd just bug out and find another server. If people can't play without cheating, it only highlights how sad they are. In this small community, cheats don't stand a chance of building up any credability: the good, bad and ugly players will always be known.

So there.

First off, this topic was put up over 3 days ago, I have even posted topics totally unregarding my site, I haven't advertised my site in days, you guys didn't want me to, so I said i would quit unless something positive is added to it....

Oh and btw, I AM NOT THAT LOSER "PEEWEE". lol, im not that lame am i?

all I can say is, no matter what, you can't make something cheat proof, you can't stop everyone from making cheats, so it's just best to beat cheaters at there own trick, for instance, as you most know that my cheat site has brought up some interesting comments, but never the less, now that i have tried the cheats, i know how i can beat the cheaters without the cheats, for instance, Clear walls doesn't hack in quake 1, the Super Nail Gun area where the boxes are or the pent area, So, lure your cheating enemy there, and play him fairly, If you want to beat the Pure white pak, add a red dot or something to skin base, save it as a different name, and he will see you as a skin no matter what, and the only way he could do that is type noskins 1 which would take off the pure white. I can go on and on, Im sorta defending cheats in a way, but discouraging at the same time, trying them is ok, using them is lame. But this just goes to show you that cheating can make you smarter at beating a cheater.

Neo (a post from a nother topic, I believe it fits in this one as well)

Advertisement