Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of msi mega pc/shuttle barebones

• 19-09-2003 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

i have a few pc parts lyin around an was gonna stick it all together as a second machine (have a workin p4 chip, 768 sd-ram, 20gb hard drive, cdrw, gforce 2mx etc ) the only thing im really missin is the motherboard, but the case it was in was smaller than usual (micro atx) so ill either have to stick to the small micro atx format or else get a new case aswell.

then i thought if im gonna do that what about those new small pc's (the msi mega pc, shuttle barebones etc) dont no too much about them. cant see them on kompletts site (but then what catagory do they fall into) an was just lookin for some info about them i.e.

can u just buy the case an motherboard or r they complete pc's?

r they the only 2 makes? an if so which is better?

would yea recommend that i go for one of these or just stick to getting a normal mobo?

is there one of these which will take sd-ram?

what sorta price r they?

thanks
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Do some swotting on this site and most of your questions will be answered. SDRAM may be a problem although you may be able to track down an older P4 Shuttle that will take it. Try www.big008.com for the older Shuttles, their shipping to Ireland is fast and cheap ($25) if you mail them first.
    Komplett have some Shuttles and the MSI Mega PC under "Barebones" but their prices are none too hot for some reason.

Advertisement