Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRIS and ISH

Options
  • 19-09-2003 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Despite the overwhelming similarity of the names, ISH magazine has nothing to do with IRIS magazine.

I am not writing this because of my own feelings but as a result of the amount of people asking me what the story is.

I hope this clears things up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

dont let this become some kind of rivalry. seriously that last thing this ****ty country needs is two decent magazines acting the bollox. "if you do something with them you cant do anything with us" ****e is not welcome here.

nice one

gar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

methinks spoiltbrat was just trying to clarify a difference between the two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Fight to the death. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭renagade*

a naked mud wrestle between the two editors is realy the only solution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by polarbelly
    methinks spoiltbrat was just trying to clarify a difference between the two

Yes, that is true.

I thought about going on a drunken-style tirade about the name similarity but the slack just isn't worth it.... I just think the name could be a little different.... for their sake as well as ours.

Naked mud wrestling sounds good... would that be me as stand-in editor or Stephanie... in the public interest I think the latter would be preferable.... opinions?;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

There were other names considered but the editor decided on ISH. My protest didn't work...
    Come to the pre-launch party on the 24th anyway Paddy! It'll be only fantastic!

Can I just clarify that my own little protest was purely due to name preference, not because there's a similarity in the names...the only similarity being that they start with "I"!

...the only similarity being that they start with "I"!

Or that "IRIS" is the first part of "IRISH" and "ISH" is the second. I will probably stick the old noggin in to see whats going on. I better make sure Juno Falls and The Guggenheim Grotto aren't giving it too much ahead of the October 9th gig. ;)

I've had bad experiences with people from bands djing before - can I leave before that without being rude?

Still no opinions on the mud-wrestling anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 skinnybassist

It is a bit confusing alright! It would probably make it difficult for potential new readers to discern between the two...
    Was the name picked so similar looking/sounding on purpose?

The two websites have very similar addresses too:
    http://www.ishmagazine.net
    http://www.irismagazine.net

Oh well,
    Maybe the two could merge eventually? ;)

Originally posted by skinnybassist
    It is a bit confusing alright! It would probably make it difficult for potential new readers to discern between the two...
    Was the name picked so similar looking/sounding on purpose?

The two websites have very similar addresses too:
    http://www.ishmagazine.net
    http://www.irismagazine.net

Oh well,
    Maybe the two could merge eventually? ;)

Thanks man... thought I was going completely mad there for a few days!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    I've had bad experiences with people from bands djing before - can I leave before that without being rude?

Still no opinions on the mud-wrestling anyone?

Of course you can leave before that! Nobody's gonna pin you up against a wall and demand that you stay...or are they...;)

Mud wrestling... Are you gonna participate? 'Coz that I'd like to see!

Originally posted by Sandi
    Nobody's gonna pin you up against a wall and demand that you stay...or are they...;)

Especially if I'm still smeared in mud;)

Oh well I dunno about that. Some people like strange things, such as pinning naked mud-covered men up against a wall...nice!

Advertisement