Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about CPS

Options
  • 19-09-2003 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I get my calls thru UTVip. I got a mailshot yesterday from Var Tec telecom about their rates. You dial 13636 before the number to get their rates. I assume eircom bill you.

If I used the 13636 prefix say to call the Uk would that effect the CPS setting with UTVip? Would the CPS change back to €ircon?

Thanks
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

The idea of using 13636 is that it tells Eircom to route the call through the Vartec system. As a result, the call will be charged to you by Vartec, not Eircom.

If you want to verify this and you're with UTV for a phone service, put 13666 (interesting number :D) before any number you call and wait for it to appear on your next Eircom bill. 13666 tell the telco to route the call through Eircoms network rather than UTV.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Delphi91
    The idea of using 13636 is that it tells Eircom to route the call through the Vartec system. As a result, the call will be charged to you by Vartec, not Eircom.

If you want to verify this and you're with UTV for a phone service, put 13666 (interesting number :D) before any number you call and wait for it to appear on your next Eircom bill. 13666 tell the telco to route the call through Eircoms network rather than UTV.

Mike

So it wouldnt cause the cps to revert to €ircon?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Just for that one call.

An example:

dial 13666 085 xxxxxxx stay on the call for 3min

For that call you willl be charged by Eircom.

Now Dial 085 xxxxxxx stay on the call for 3min

This will be charged by UTVip as they are your default carrier company.

Eóin

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

With apologies to Oftel for lifting their text:

Do I have to make every call using my CPS provider?
    No, you will be able to use any other provider with whom you have arranged services (including Eircom) by dialling extra digits before the phone number you want to call. (This is called an 'over-ride' or 'indirect access' code.) For example, you may want to use a CPS provider for most international calls but use another provider just for calls to a particular country.

So you can have u.tv as your CPS provider and over-ride individual calls to Vartec etc. using their indirect access code (13xxx)

Advertisement