Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Foundry

• 19-09-2003 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Class!!! Last night was brilliant in the foundry!! The short head banging section was classic!! Blur - Song 2 nearly blew all the speakers it was class!!! i hope this really does continue

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it happens every so often sometimes they even play 3 or 4 before they go back to the usual crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

*Fingers Crossed*
    come on nightwish/slayer/metallica!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

Oh yeah, can't wait to hear Fran tic tic tic tic tic tic tok and the excellent dustbin lid snare drum!! :)

GWAN Metallica

sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

2 years ago they had a heavy metal night in scraggs!! it was classic!! beastie boys the lot!! metallica and all!!! priceless!! why dont we set up that this year! last year they tried to set it up but there was no interest!! surelly there must be enough ppl interested in settin it up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

i'm just too lazy man!

• Advertisement

i didnt mean you set it up man!! im too lazy to do it aswell!!! too much effort!! as long as scraggs door is open im happy!! regardless of wat music is playin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

the headbangin bit in the foundry was ****in awful imo...blur song2, not bad but way to short, only 1 verse and chorus of smells like teen spirit ? and it got the best reaction of any song all nite.
    after that it went back to ****e again.

nexus metal nite two years ago was ****in awesome...great crowd, better songs :)

if you want decent music in the foundry you gotta wait until a band plays in the tower - anyone who's see big generator or anything like that will know what i mean...killing in the name of is one kick ass song to mosh to :)

hope they get someone decent for the freshers ball this year

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

On a good night the tower kicks the foundrys ass. As long as the band is good that is.

mick got some band called Relaxt Action or something of that accord!!! i hope there good! ive never heard of them before but mick seems to like them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by nasty_crash
    2 years ago they had a heavy metal night in scraggs!! it was classic!! beastie boys the lot!! metallica and all!!! priceless!! why dont we set up that this year! last year they tried to set it up but there was no interest!! surelly there must be enough ppl interested in settin it up!!

i rember non of this ....

the foundry is classic tho lots o fun .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think I may remember hear about it and maybe that it didnt take off too well,
    There was a metal night organised in sheriff o haras bout 2 years ago,they got one of the fibbers djs and it was ok but hardly anyone turned up,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

oh i hope blue moose are back in carlow this year!

Man they're one class band!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Nasty_Crash it's Relaxt Attack, and they're possibly one of the crappiest bands I've seen it The Tower. They played there every Sunday during the summer.

As for the loud stuff in the Fundry: It happens only very occasionally and when it does it's the same sh*t. 3/4 of Song2 and 1/2 of Smells like Teen Spirit. Sometimes a bit of The Hives Hate to Say and that's that. The crowd go too mad and they have to stop it. :rolleyes:

blue Moose better be back. They're fuppin class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

yeah blue moose rocked hard last year, great nite out.

the best band to ever play the tower tho has to be big generator.
    absolutely fuppin class :-)
    pity they only seem to play saturday nights now

what sorta tunes do realxt attack play ? original or covers ? for 8yoyos they better be decent...or to put it another way, how much alcohol will i need to consume to enjoy myself ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Can't seem to find ANY mention of this band on the net. Could be the spelling, but me dunno. Looks sus-peeee-sous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

All covers. The singer should fup off and join a boy band. The guitarist is a total sell-out (blues man out and out but plays utter carp). The drummer is a complete tosser. I reckon, put an epileptic (spell?) behind the drums, tape the sticks to his hands, then set up a strobe light in front of him and it'd be a marked improvement!!!!

In short they are muck, and not just your usual clay based muck, they are landfill-muck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

carlow needs dedicated metal bar ....
    so we need some1 with money to em open one ...
    or just get kegs in a house, and play loud metal music constantly
    [on third thoughts, sounds pretty much like home...]

Advertisement