Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 Test on me me machine *doh*

Options
  • 04-06-1999 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

Right,

PIII500, 128 megs ram, single voodoo 2 (I'm waiting for my TNT2 to be delivered..) and SB Live ect ect

latest drivers for each of them, got the quake 3 drivers for the voodoo card off the 3dfx site, also DirectX 6.1

When I run q3 test it loads up, I can hear all the sound but my screen is just grey?, and i cannot get out of it, no alt-tab or c-a-d.....

I have to play this game so I can say "played it and still prefer tribes smile.gif"

any ideas.........

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Are you waiting long enough??
    On mine when I first had it, before it was taken out of the pak, I used to get a grey screen for about 30 seconds before it kicked in.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I got the grey screen and just pressed escape and hey presto, the menu appeared.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

dunno - waited for more than a minute last nite and then re booted.........

I can hear all the sounds and stuff so I just presumed it was a display driver issue....

Plus I got about 1,000,000 free games with the PC and other goodies I bought and a few of them wont run either....

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

wont I feel silly if just pressing escape works.....

I'll give it a shot tonite but I am sure I pressed it......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Try deleting q3config.cfg, and start anew - seems to solve a variety of problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Your PC is too slow - get another..

its amazing how fast **** goes outa date these days smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Are you connected to the net when you are trying to start it up? If im not connected quake automatically calls on the modem, and it cant break back out to the windows screen.

alt-f4 or escape should solve this as everything works lovely and happy after that

Advertisement