Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurexcel pyramid scheme continuation

• 19-09-2003 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Howdy I mentioned in the previous thread my cousin who is working for eurexcel and after reading the thread he noticed a lot of misinformation about both eurexcel and its parent company vartec. This is not advertising for the company all the information can be found on the website so send your abuse elsewhere.

Right so here's his points:

Eurexcel customers do not have a minimum call charge vartec customers do.

The initial 325 euro fee for start up is returned to you when you obtain 10 customer points. A customer point is obtained for switching a eircom/esat account to eurexcel and an additional point is gotten for that same customer if he/she pays by direct debit or continuous credit card. So you can get your money back for a minimum of 5 customers.

The company is legal and is registered with the comreg and regtel.

Hope this clears some of the stuff up feel free now to argue away

Regards

Data

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I never read the other thread. Did they say stuff like "con-artist" and "don't peddle your scam here"? :rolleyes:

My sister fell for one of these a few years ago. The company was 'legal' and properly registered, and she was quite annoyed when I wouldn't give her £500 pounds so that she could get £25000 back. Surprise, surprise - she, and all her dumb ass friends who fell for it, are still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well he has gotten back the money he has invested so everthing he gets now is profit. the amount he earns now will be related to how much work he puts in and is related to a percentage of the phone bills apparently. so he cannot lose anymoney now so i can't see the problem with it ***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Barto

Finally someone with at least a bit of good sense !!
    All I read here are bad things about Eurexcel (Excel). All remarks of people who don't even know what they're talking about. At least, that's what I think.
    I'm pretty certain that your cousin is making serious money now. Believe me, I know ! Once you have those 10 customer points, you can start earning money. All you have to do then is find other people to get 10 customer points. Which shouldn't be too difficult, because everyone knows at least 5 persons who are willing to help them out, by just switching to Eurexcel
    The only problem that your cousin might have, is that he won't get to the rest of Europe easily. I mean, that he is probably not registered in a group that has a promotional website in all the different languages.
    I am in such a group. I'm a Belgian citizen, and I have the possibility to work this business in all European countries.
    My range with this business is endless.

Kind regards...

Barto

well to be honest he's not raking it in or anything but is just starting up, he will probably get €10 or something off them for his first set of phone bills. But as i say he hasn't lost any money, he doesn't have to give any more money and whatever he makes now is up to him.

Yes he is interested in europe and if you would like barto i can get you in touch with him. PM i think he would appreciate it as he is starting out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

(loads of money) * (nothing) = [H1]SCAM[/H1]

***, I don't believe you, your cousin (who could be completly fictional) or a newbie backing you up with his first post (also probably fictional). No offense :) I don't believe anything I see on the Internet.

I can't believe people still fall for pyramid schemes, but I suppose as long as there's gullable greedy people out there........

why's t_b_h censored?

• Advertisement

*** blitz i don't mind if you believe me or not. I don't personally know many people from boards that can vouch for me or anything like that so you will just have to take my word for it. end of the day he hasn't lost any money simple as that all he can do is make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    *** blitz i don't mind if you believe me or not. I don't personally know many people from boards that can vouch for me or anything like that so you will just have to take my word for it. end of the day he hasn't lost any money simple as that all he can do is make it.

free money?

are you serious?

why arent we all doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Thats ammmaaazzzziiiiinnnnnngggggg.

You haven't been suckered yourself data have you ? You very obviously have some interest in it. Want to put in a good word, hope that your high post count lulls people into a false sense of security so you can sign them up perhaps ? Horrible co-incidence then, that you're that's ammmaaaazzzziiiinnnngggg guy, a'la the QVC channel turns up to back you up with his first post. Would be very interested to see where that IP came from.

I know there are stupid people out there, and perhaps they are there to be exploited, but boards.ie will not be a vehicle for it.

If you believe in this rubbish or not, and if you're cousin is real or not (I would wager not) , is not relevant. You are promoting rubbish on these boards under the pretence of setting a record straight. You should not be a moderator, in fact you should be banned.

ok, whether or not he is a mod has no relevence here.
    but i agree.

this is not somewhere to pimp and promote your product. if needs be, buy ad space, or go door to door.
    do not use boards as a vehicle (good word usage Qsnr, respect :)) to bring people on board.

i will leave this thread open for now, as im sure you would love to have the option to respond, and god knows im not a completely unfair person.
    and i do reserve the right for someone to defend themselves, the same as i would allow someone from MS to defend themselves against the beardies of the penguin brigade!

but like i said. no pimpage.
    by all means, feel free to put up how this works if you feel that it will help, but i want a plan of how it works, not prices and benefits etc. i dont want sales pitches and predictions and roadmaps.
    i want to know exactly how this works, and in what way is it not similar to a pyramis scheme, because to be honest, you get others below you to do the work. and that sounds like the formation of some of the largest man made objects in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I don't really give a sh1t if it's a pyramid scheme or not, these companies aren't offering 'jobs', you're self employed working for them, and I've never heard of ANYONE getting in any way rich working for these phone companies, or kleeneze or whoever.
    The fact is they shouldn't be advertising on here, they're not offering regular jobs, if they want to advertise I think they should do so via a banner ad, and have to PAY.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_
    I don't really give a sh1t if it's a pyramid scheme or not, these companies aren't offering 'jobs', you're self employed working for them, and I've never heard of ANYONE getting in any way rich working for these phone companies, or kleeneze or whoever.
    The fact is they shouldn't be advertising on here, they're not offering regular jobs, if they want to advertise I think they should do so via a banner ad, and have to PAY.

well, to be honest, this isnt a forum for 'offering jobs'
    its a work forum.
    its about work, all aspects of work, not just the 'network engineer wanted' type aspect.
    ive never heard of anyone getting rich working in burger king either, but do you think fast food jobs should be discriminated against as well?

as ive said, if they want to advertise, they talk to the admin, i want them however to explain how the system works that makes it not a pyramid scheme.

now, its lucky im the mod here, isnt it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I just don't trust a company that doesn't advertise in a very clear manner what exactly you'll be selling.
    The leaflets that go around to houses just tell you about a
    "great business opportunity"
    "come and see for yourselves!"
    "Mr's Brownstain made 50,000 in one year!"
    but make NO mention as to what you'll actually be selling.
    So, someone's cousin or whatever is making money. That's probably only because someone further down the chain is losing it.

Homer Simpson:
    "None of my get-rich-quick schemes have worked in the past.
    But I just know I'm going to get rich with this scheme,........
    And quick"

WWM thanks for the chance to respond to these charges set against me. I'd just like to set the record straight.

I don't work for eurexcel nor do i have intend to sign up to work for eurexcel.

Why should you believe me on this

Well because i'm a final year student at the moment and i don't particurlarly have the time for something like that. However if you want to see where i really work you can check out T.K Maxx in blanchardstown where i work part time to fund college. Oh and if anyone really wants i can give them my RSI number so they can find out who my employer is and where i'm paying tax from etc.

Plus the fact that when my real and i do mean real cousin started working for eurexcel i was spending the summer doing an internship for a chemical company relevant to my degree in Newcastle.

Feel free to check out the IP of the guy you saying is backing me up. You'll find the two ip's i access the internet from are my home computer and the college computers in ucd.

What else do i have to answer to

free money? WWM i don't think so as i explained on behalf of my cousin above what you have to do just to get returned to you the money you invested. So i know he is working quite hard. I am not fully sure how his payment works only that it is based on a percentage of the phone bills (something like 2% not including line rental and all that and the percentage goes up depending on the amount the customer spends on the phone so its better to get large business etc.). So for the approximately 9 customers he has if each one spends about €50 on phone bills a month He earns about €10 a month. I would hadly say he is raking it in at the moment filling all his dreams of financial success would you's?

Apparently the money comes from getting people to also get people to sign up and you get money from the customers they get etc. i suppose that does make it like a pyramid scheme?

If anyone gets contacted by me on boards by a pm trying to get them to sign up feel free to ban me. Note it would be made especially difficult to for me to get them to sign up considering i don't work for them.

for a plan of how it works perhaps you would be better to contact there website WWM i do not know the full details.

Quigs snr i fail to see how i am promoting rubbish on these boards all i gave was the facts about an individual and a company

If anyone was promoting rubbish i believe it was the people in the previous thread please go and harass them.

WWM i am not promoting this product as i have nothing to do with it. I would like this thread to remain open to respond to anything people have to say against me personally. I find it annoying that people are not taking me at face value for what i am saying. I have not found myself judged and questioned like this in any other thread.

Regards

Data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

The reason people won't take you at face value is that people are sensitive about this rubbish. We all get bombarded day in, day out with get rich quick schemes via email, junk mail through the door, advertisements pinned up in shops.

The second you see something that resembles one of these you see red. If I were you, I wouldn't be associating myself with this sort of thing, it is a pyramid, perhaps not as cynical as some pyramids I have seen, but somewhere someone is going to be at the bottom of that pyramid and is going to get the short end of the stick. You do your credibility no good associating yourself with it. Still it's interesting to know that someone is making it work (sort of) and has at least not lost anything. Most will lose on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

It is a pyrimad scheme Data. I can see how you might get sucked in though, a customer of mine gave me the pitch recently.

The way he put it across to me, it seemed like the best thing since sliced bread. The thing is, he swallowed it hook line and sinker. Therefore he's going to pitch it to his family and friends as fantastic. Until you take a step back and actually think clearly about it, you'll be kind of in awe of the whole thing.

It seems to me the actual telephone company will be the only people making money.

You spend X amount initially, with a lot of agro, you'll eventually make X back. The company now has ten more clients, who will pontentially bring in 100 more clients.

The only way you'd make money is if you were a gifted salesman, who found a village full of idiots.

Your not really at fault Data, just another victim. :)

Don't worry about me man i'm not a victim i haven't signed up for this thing. I seriously doubt i could make it work i couldn't be arsed putting in any effort.

Even if i wasn't studying i wouldn't take this as a job i'd want something more conventional with a steady income etc. If some one wants to choose this lifestyle its up to them. With regards to Barto i have no idea who he is.

I consider my creditiblity to be fine i'm not responsible for what my cousin does even if i inform you's of what he is doing. that is his choice

with regards to the lot of agro patch it didn't seem to be that much he only really signed his parents and some family over. I have not even accepted to switching our house phone bill over to him until his company charges for cheaper local calls and stuff like that as i think eircom is cheaper at the moment for that.

With regards to the pyramid scheme sure it is and in a few years time if someone in ireland to join up and try to make **** loads they won't cause there will have been people doing it for years before them and they'll be ****ed saturation of the market and all that.

Also with regards to all the rubbish i've seen it quigs the earn so much extra income a week crap and i do believe its crap and if people fall for it so be it. However if this is what my cousin wants to do thats fair enough, he's shrewd with money as i mentioned in the other thread and he seems to be a born sales person so i say good luck to him

data

dataisgod, if i thought you were promoting this stuff, i would have closed the thread, but im actually interested in how this isnt a pyramid scheme.
    to be really honest, im not even looking at you to give me the naswers, im loking for the elusive mr Barto (if that really is your name!) to give the answers.

from ehat youve said, and i dont feel youve answered it properly dataisgod, is that it looks not only like a pyramid scheme, but like a resellership as well, and im interested in how it works.

so, instead of the 'make money now' advertisments, im looking for a full in depth view on how this works. we dont need to know the products. we dont need to know the ins and outs of the business, but we do want to know how it works.

we have been told its not a pyramid scheme. ok. prove it.
    as ive said, ive left it open because i think this is interesting. i dont think that eurexcel is being promoted (by the way Barto, its eurexcel, not excel, im sure microsoft wuldnt want to have spend money suiing you for trademark theft) here. in fact, i think we have one bloke who says his cousin is making money from it, and another guy who works at it, and bunch of cynical muppets (thats us folks :))

now, again, i would like to see how it works, and what puts this apart from a pyramid scheme.
    after all, if we were discussing resellerships for Sun, it doesnt mean we would be promoting them.
    anyway! im in charge here! :)

ok, so on with the slide show :)

oh, and i close this tomorrow afternoon if there is no feedback and we put it down to 'i told you so and we all get to stick our tongues out at dataisgod :p

i never said it wasn't some type of pyramid scheme, but i suppose we could do with some exact definition of that so we can see if eurexcel fits the description? (someone feel free to supply it) I'm not sure what you mean be resellership *** and i'm not taking the piss when i say i don't know that much about the company only what i've been told. I can however find out for you's and you's can form your own opinions based on that?

How does that sound WWM?

edit heres a link to a powerpoint presentation give some idea of the business this may answer some questions?

http://www.eurexcel.ie/ie/opp_eurexcel/eurexcel_opp_presentation.asp

nope, read the blurb.
    its a pyramid type scheme.
    you get rich off other people doing the work.
    at some stage you get to only one person at the top and lots of numptys at the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i suppose we could do with some exact definition of that so we can see if eurexcel fits the description? (someone feel free to supply it)
    Here's a good enough definition (robbed from here :
    'Pyramid scheme' means a sales scheme, Ponzie scheme, chain marketing scheme, or other marketing plan or program in which participants pay money or valuable consideration to the company in return for which they receive: (1) the right to sell a product or service; and (2) the right to receive in return for recruiting other participants into the program rewards which are unrelated to sale of products or services to ultimate users.

My own definition of a pyramid scheme is shorter and simpler:
    A pyramid scheme is a multi-level marketing scheme in which the members obtain their monetary benefits primarily from the recruitment of new members rather than selling goods and services to the public
    It's a nice simple definition and makes no judgement as to the product or method of recruitment. Anyone who comes across a scheme that meets this definition (even if it is labelled an MLM scheme or any other fancy definition) has come across a pyramid scheme. Any opportunity that uses the phrase "downline" at /any/ time is a pyramid scheme (I've not read the pps doc provided by dataisgod so I'm wondering if the phrase is in there anywhere).

Most pyramid schemes that last any amount of time rely on people paying the upfront money and dropping out. People at the bottom of the downline (about 96% in the bottom two levels if each person recruits five people)obviously never make their money back.

I'm only providing the above definitions as a starting point to discuss Eurexcel. I'm not trying to start a discussion on Herbalife or any of the certain scammers running pyramid schemes that screw the unsuspecting out of their money. I do have a fascination with the psychology behind Ponzi schemes though as people may have noticed from that thing on the admin forum last year. This almost certainly isn't a Ponzi scheme though (hopefully - Ponzi schemes /always/ collapse, they can't do anything but).

• Advertisement

i agree.

i dont really think there is any more need for discussion
    people have the opportunity to view documents and make up their own mind if they want.
    personally, i hate pyramid schemes and cant stand them. i think its a con on the people you are trying to recruit. this one appears to have a decent product, but its still dependent on you getting others into the business and getting clients.

so im closing this thread, and i dont want to see it reappear thanks.
    if anyone has a problem, pm me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement