Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want a free Pace 56k i modem ???

Options
  • 08-04-1999 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Well I have an extra one, and it's yours if you can name this 2 worded TV program:

TK 421

Andy Dufrain

Could there *be* more posts

Riker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

riker !

im looking for a new modem, and its hard - cos me dad n all - i got a new pc but im gettin 350 pings and about 30 ploss off it sad.gif

by god ill get this one and ill even pay money smile.gif

pat

where the hell can i get a pace anyway ?
    they aint in game :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Wasn't that the guy from "Shawshank Redemption"?

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

{YES}

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

TK-421 the only storm trooper to have a name - was really Luke Skywalker in Disguise - played by Mark Hamill

Andy Dufrain actually Dufrense (I think) was the only guy to escape from ShawShank prison - played by tim Robbins.

The only show that they both appeared in is Amazing Stories .... ergo any other answer is incorrect ..... my strict interpretation of the rules of this competition is that no one said that the adjudicators decision is final...

Do I have to collect the modem or will you post it? smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

TK-421 was the cell Andy Dufresne (aka Tim Robbins) was assigned in the Shawshank Redemption

take it biaches(cumin from a drunkin biach)

Hey OSI ShawshanK Redemption is not a TV program.... Its a Big Screen Movie...

So .. My Answer Amazing Stories is correct cos I was referring to the TV program Amazing Stories ... Not the Movie Amazing Stories smile.gif

Take it UL ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 09-04-99).]

pfffffffff
    i couldve answered that.
    now gimme the modem so i can sell it to vexorg for 80 quid.

pfffffffff
    i couldve answered that.
    now gimme the modem so i can sell it to vexorg for 80 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

Hi
    Dufrense ?!?
    WTF?
    It's Dufrain, ignore what the RTE guide say, they idiots.

There are 3 clues in the above post and I'll leave the modem in the Nethouse for the winner to pick up or send it to them if outside Dublin.

It's not Amazing Discoveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

clap clap clap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Corination Street?
    Emerdale Farm?

Humm i thought the chandler bing reference was just u being clever.

Am i on the right track with the storm trooper/mark hammil / tim robbins references...

Lets see Mark Hamill and Tim Robbins did guest appearences on the Simpsons.. Did Matty Perry do so also?

wah is this for real ?

hey i know a guy who looks uncannily like andy dufrain from the film hes getting worried and self conscoius now smile.gif

pat

showbiz weekly ?

hmm bit of a wild one, was gonna say the simpsons, but thats gone (remember vexorg if youre right youve wrecked a young quakers career smile.gif

pat

tfi friday ?!?

You people have too much free time on your hands ....."turn off that.. television learn your language, learn about your culture" etc...

HaHa Freak....

cultural emphasis from someone who choose their nick from a cartoon character...

Now thats sad....

Oops... and whats wrong with choosing a quake nick u got from a cartoon character...

Willow the Wisp..........

Television is it????

tongue.gif)P)P)P)P)P)P

• Advertisement

riker,

is the answer perhaps Babylon V ? (Babylon 5)
    hehe i really hope it is tongue.gif

pat,

btw just another guess i made is "outer limits".

Any fool can list off a load of 2 worded TV programs.

Give the answer, explain the clues and it's yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TOASTOR

YOU LOOKIN FOR BAYTINS YUNGFELA?
    GIVUS THE BLEEDIN MODEM..
    WE MIGHT LET YOU GO WHA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blaster

south park??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

side show bob was replaced with side show luke perry in one episode which saw side show luke perry blast krusty out of a cannon through acid in the quicky mart run by apu!!!!!!!
    Wheres my ****in modem *****(im drunk its friday night lord help me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cgnfJames

By now everyone should have heard about Riker and his pace modem and his sinister manuscripts. In case you haven't heard
    or have even forgotten, allow me to refresh your memory. For openers, Riker and his thugs are in league with
    negligent loan sharks who convict without trial, jury, or reading one complete paragraph of this post. I've never
    encountered anything as abysmal as his crusades. The reason is clear. His pranks have grown into the world's greatest
    enslavers of human minds. If I may be permitted to make an observation, Riker is notorious for trying to
    turn a typically mild-mannered person, into an insensitive vat of boosterism.

When I first heard about his modes of thought, I didn't know whether to laugh, because his expostulations are so sadistic, or
    cry, because his wheelings and dealings either go uncontested or are openly supported by obdurate ragamuffins (VEX!). As a
    parenthetical note, my only goal in posting this is to build a true
    community of spirit and purpose based on mutual respect and caring and to waste absolutely all of your time,hey you got this far. It is grossly misleading merely to claim that we live in a
    deeply troubled society. It's that simple. Riker seems incapable of understanding that there is no possible
    justification for the argument that his mottos prevent smallpox. His cohorts must be exposed and neutralized wherever they lurk.

Riker and his pace modem has garnered enough support to turn the trickle of posts into a tidal wave but not
    enough support to remove society's moral barriers and allow perversion to prosper. The next time someone denies that I am
    sceptical of efforts to produce a hidebound definition of "ultraphotomicrograph", look that person right in the eye and reply,
    "Riker and his pace modem's self-fulfilling prophecies have an unsavory historical track record." His hate-filled perversions are
    responsible for the growth in teen pregnancy, the demise of the work ethic, the size of the budget deficit, and everything else
    that's wrong with our country. What I want to document now is that I hold fast to the view that some of Riker's goals raise important questions about future social interactions and their relationship to civil liberties. If you observe
    some repetition in my statements, it is because such repetition is needed for clarity and emphasis as I fight to the end for our
    ideas and ideals. Yes, Riker's "guarantee the destruction of anything that looks like a vital
    community" mentality is so pervasive that I feel like I'm going to run around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Here's the heart of the matter: I must protest Riker's use of irritable malicious survivalists to fortify a social
    correctness that restricts experience and defines success with narrow boundaries. While this country still has far to go before
    people are truly judged on the content of their character, there is every indication that the issue of what to do about bookish
    big-labor bosses is a hopelessly tangled and complicated issue, impossible to discuss due to the intensity with which each side
    holds its beliefs. Unless those of us who oppose Riker would rather run than fight, it is simply wrong to
    conclude that Riker's nostrums won't be used for political retribution. The worst kinds of perverted
    eccentric gits there are don't really want me to take a proactive, rather than a reactive, stance, although, of course, they all have
    to pay lip service to the idea. He has yet to acknowledge this. Let me explain. We need to educate others about the utterances
    and publicity stunts of despicable scoundrels.

Others may disagree, but I claim that Riker, the worst types of cold-blooded pathetic freeloaders there
    are, and a few decent but occasionally self-serving people are engaged in a desperate struggle for the soul of society. For the
    moment, I will concentrate on the fact that many of our present-day sufferings are the consequence of the puerile relationship
    between him and savage mouthpieces for invidious egotism. Riker and his pace modem can be described only by such words
    as "mean-spirited" and "annoying", but given the way things are these days, we must remember that I regret not posting this
    sooner.

Riker, does the word "cinematographical" mean anything to you? Did it ever occur to him that we are in
    trouble when hitherto reputable people turn back the clock and repeal all the civil rights and anti-discrimination legislation now
    on the books? Aside from the fact that this is what his lickspittles try to prevent us from hearing about on radio and television or
    reading about in popular magazines and large-circulation papers, he needs to come to terms with his presumptuous past.
    Furthermore, Riker's particular brand of counter-productive stoicism will step on other people's toes in
    the coming days. Speaking of which, the pressures and stresses that Riker and his pace modem's subordinates undergo lead
    them to curry favor with the most selfish freaks you'll ever see using a barrage of flattery, especially recognition of their "value,"
    their "importance," their "educational mission," and other spineless silly nonsense. I had a brief conversation recently with some
    intrusive unpleasant bohemians who were trying to start wars, ruin the environment, invent diseases, and routinely do a hundred
    other things that kill people. That conversation convinced me that Riker's statements are negativism
    cloaked in the rhetoric of dimwitted autism.

Isn't it odd that neurotic Luddites, whose unpatriotic primitive lifestyle will suppress controversy and debate by the next full
    moon, are immune from censure? It's not necessarily the case that one could argue that it is undeniable by anyone but choleric
    rascals that it does not require a Sherlock Holmes to prove that you have my word that Riker equates
    non-cooperation and solitariness with individuality. On the contrary, this is no time to be foolish and no time to be intemperate.
    On a similar note, his formula for feudalism is more self-satisfied than ever.

According to the laws of probability, Riker m will stop at nothing to get his way. I, for one, am familiar with
    his goals, I understand how he operates, I have long recognized his tactics, and I know just about where he now stands on the
    ladder to total power. I can therefore say that, certainly, he chooses to ignore the fact that I leave it to more capable and
    intrepid folks to explore the full ramifications of his generalizations.

While we all despair over Riker's brutal hijinks, we must also remember the principles that will guide our
    better behaviors and higher aspirations. In case you hadn't noticed, Riker's politics represent a calculated
    assault on diversity within our community. Riker's objectives are but a speck in a constellation of
    methodologies used by insurrectionism to make human life negligible and cheap. I should state this explicitly, pure and simple.
    Lascivious vermin have no business here, at least insofar as this essay is concerned. I've received a smattering of mail from
    people who want to know the real story behind Riker's bleeding-heart whinges, so here it is: I'm
    oversimplifying things a little here.

Also let me say that a deep, ineradicable hatred of everything that is not biased energizes Riker to provide
    cover for an antihumanist agenda. On the other hand, he says that we should avoid personal responsibility. This is at best
    wrong. At worst, it is a lie. Riker and his pace modem governs his supporters with a dictatorial and brutal fist, forcing them to
    reward mediocrity. While this lighthearted statement adds sorely-needed humor to an otherwise tense situation, the limitation
    and final abolition of exhibitionism presuppose the elimination of innumerable preconditions. The recent outrage at Riker's remonstrations may point to a brighter future. For now, however, I must leave you knowing that he often flirts
    with sensationalism.

The answer's in there somewhere.
    Now gimme.
    J

You got way to much free time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

emmmm
    that just about covers that one
    "emmmm"
    yes....quite