Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statistics

Options
  • 20-09-2003 12:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

A client of mine is concerned about some traffic levels on his site, and my stats (Webalizer) don't provide detailed information on a page by page basis. I'm currently using nahdoic's excellent StatCounter to aggregate statistics on a couple of pages on his site, however I'd prefer a local solution if at all possible. What I'm looking for is an application of phpAdsNew quality that can provide granular statistics on a drill-down page-by-page basis, is there out there like this?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

As you can imagine I've spent a long time looking into the many, many different solutions available out there for website statistics.

If you are looking to run your own local version, then from what I've found you can't beat

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

But it is only a log analyser, not quite like phpAdNews, it doesn't run in real time. I have yet to find any good one that does run in real time. If anyone finds one, let me know, cos I'd love to take a look at their source code.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

I've heard good reviews of Sawmill, but you have to pay a bit for them. The stats seem to be detailed enough (from the samples), and it allows you to drill down pages/paths most visitors take. You'll have to see for yourself if it's what you're looking for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

I've just come accross this sweet stats tool which allows lots of drilling down on practically everything you can get from your webstats. Bit of a high price tag though ($495) for one website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Awstats can be configured to run or update in realtime. The only issue we have seen with it is its resource usage

Advertisement