Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ukccl maps list out.

Options
  • 03-06-1999 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

The list of possible maps is out for the Ukccl.

I was wondering if we could get one of the q2 servers to have these maps in them. Firstly the old maps are becomming tiresome and these new maps will add so much to it if we all had to go and learn them and play them its badly needed were all sick of dm1 to dm8.

Well cloud would that be possible here is the url for the maps d/led

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/j.spicer/ukccl.htm

Thx.
    Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Noooo not all of them, theres waaay too many. wait until the 2 maps are picked then put them up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahhh, atleast put up the 8 second list maps.
    anyway, i already have 2 of them and i have tosay they are pretty good.
    stick all 8 of the second map list onto war.
    they dont have to be put in rotation, but if you were able to vote them on, then that would be pretty cool.
    white('DM!'the duelers level' my swiss-role)wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

I was just checking out a few of them that killer and a few others did while one or two are rather big some are very good.

Ukdm2 is a class level. Why not put the 8 on not the 16.Its worth while at least we'll have the option.

And new maps pplllzzz i'am sick of Dm1 Dm1 and more bloody DM1.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The problem with new maps is nobody ever bothers to download them or cab't find them - so whats the story with the auto-download feature in Q2. Would that not be an easy way to distribute the maps on an ad-hoc basis?

New maps please!!!!!!!! As it is theres people abandoning Quake in favour of other games such as tribes. I think people are bored. New maps might just be the thing to revive interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

YEa some new maps would be just right, at about this time. Sick of getting railed up the *****on dm1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think you can now vote these maps in on Q2 War 2 (well, I've added them to maps.txt anyway and they are in q2war2/maps):

apq2dm1
    arma5
    fatal2
    fbdm5
    fury
    fusion
    grind
    hammer
    ikdm4
    ktdm3
    ktdm8
    kwq2dm1
    mkkick
    q2hipdm1
    ranbase2
    rene46
    trdm06
    ukdm2
    unrdm1
    vascular

Download from:

http://www.mrbusy.demon.co.uk/maps.zip
    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/j.spicer/maps2.zip

or locally at:

ftp://ftp.quake.ie/pub/quake2/maps/
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 root ftp 6036004 Jun 4 11:05 maps.zip
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 root ftp 4483473 Jun 4 10:28 maps2.zip

This has to be one of the messiest jobs ever, all the maps were in separate zip files and some had textures that had to go into specific directories mentioned in the corresponding .txt file frown.gif

J.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

if you're coming to this ****up on saturday you'll not have to buy any drink.

thanks again cloud

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Would it be easier if they were in a pak file instead? I have some pak viewer somewhere and I could do it if it will help any.

Yep for users it would. I just tested a few maps there anyway on the server (fury, q2hipdm1, unrdm1) and they seem grand, works with the "vote map" command.

Have a good weekend,

John.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

• Advertisement

q2hipdm1 --> Remind you of another map at all? Rock 'n Roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

its an old Q1 DM map that came with one of the Total Conversions (Scourge i think)

and it looks a tad like one of dem q3 maps tongue.gif

plagirism...!! smile.gif

Right I've gone to the trouble of taking all the new maps and putting them into one pak file as Maximilian suggested that he'd do. Anyway, I'm uploading it to a site as we speak and once its finished i'll post the URL here. its 10.1mbs in size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Cloud you are a Star. smile.gif

Wow, cheers cloud man, can you make my car fly too ?

I hope it works anyway - I won't be coming up though, gotta help my folks move house sad.gif

I warn you again, if you're getting the maps yourself, be careful unzipping them because there's no default folder information for the .wal files, and the kt maps require the kt wals to be in textures\ktimpakt or something like that...

J.
    --

Advertisement