Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching courses

• 20-09-2003 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I know if u wish to switch a college course u have to pay the fees for howmany yrs u did and didnt finish. Like, doing a 3yr degree, if ur halfway thru 2 of the yrs and decide to switch you will have to pay fees for those 2 yrs.

However if ur doing a caert/diploma/degree course what way does it work. Like, if i done my 2 yrs and got the cert and then decide to switch will i have to pays fees for those 2 yrs or is it treated like a clean break as i passed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

the gov. pays for 0ne first year, One second year, One third and One fourth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

I see.

So if i switched courses i`d have to pay fees for 2 yrs.
    ANy idea how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by rander00
    I see.

So if i switched courses i`d have to pay fees for 2 yrs.
    ANy idea how much?

If youve done 1st and 2nd year and you swich into the third year of another course you are still covered

if you hafta go back a year or two you gotta pay for those years but when you get to 3rd and 4th year they will be covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

I get it now.
    Have u any idea on the cost? And what happens if the course i wish to switch to is more points than i got in the Leaving, i hit 400pts but can i go private to do a course now.

Thanks for ur help.

Advertisement