Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name Changing

Options
  • 20-09-2003 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Whats with all these bands changing their names???
    Blotooth to Juno Falls, Babelfish to Alphastates.
    Please explain!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Creative controle to messiah J & the expert is another recent one.
    I think babelfish changed their name cause they found out some scandinavian band had the name before them.
    its nothing new a lot of bands cange their name in the early stages of their carear and always have done U2 were called Hype radiohead were called on a friday etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

st. pats for the league??? HA! go support a quality team. Like Leeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

well that signiture was designed when I joined a place in europe would do this year with the number of changes to the squad.
    Leeds a quality team dont make me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Weird coincidense!!

Babelfish and blotooth have the same management as far as I know....

I think blotooth were asked to change their name by Sony (Who they're now signed to in the UK). My sister tells me that 'blo' means 'crack cocaine' in the states and that's not gonna do them much favours if yunno what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Yeah blotooth used to quite openly advertise the full meaning of their name on their website..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Sell outs...

I thought that was a good name. I remeber reading about it alright on their web site.

If they just made up some other story it'd be grand. Feckin' suits.

Keith

Advertisement