Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrDA Problem

• 20-09-2003 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I got a IrDA Dongle there yesterday. It worked fine, but then it just stopped working, i noticed this after i accidentely clicked the saftely remove hardware thing, but could have been after the failed transfer before that. But now it doenst pick up any phone that i have tried on it.

I have tried different drivers and the xp default one uses different settings to the driver that came with it. The infrared transceiver type is different. Could someone tell me which one to use an what speeds to use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I've had a similar problem with my IrDa dongle.
    After some serious messing about with various drivers on the installation CD and from XP itself I finally got mine working.
    I hadn't used it for a few days so i connect it tonight and now it decides to reinstall itself and stop working again :mad:

Cant be arsed fooling about with it tonight but I remember there were driver settings for various different dongles which used different transfer methods. You could just try going into control panel and chaning a few different settings. It might also help to drop the speed setting.
    I think double clicking on the safely remove hardware icon just brings up a window with info and settings for the hardware.
    It in no way unistalls the hardware as the icon is only there to say you can disconnect the dongle at any time and it'll make no difference to your PC.

I don't think the problem would be due to any failed transfer as they often happened to me any never had any affect on subsequent transfers.

Might not be of much help but I thought I'd say something anyway since I've wee bit of experience with the sodding things.

Advertisement