Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two router address question

Options
  • 20-09-2003 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

hmm title is probably abite off but anyway. I just bought mysef and ADSL/Modem/router single port, to connect of to my existing router/switch thing is both are programed usign a web rowser and both use 192.168.0.1 as their address, how do i resolve this problem of them both using the same address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Give one of them a different IP address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

How, probably really simple, just i havent even connected them up yet, untill my adsl is installed.

Just change the IP address on the ethernet interface of one of them.
    You don't have to use the default IPs that devices are assigned.

so connect up one of them, use the webbrowser interface to change its IP address then connect up the other? this is what i had planned to do

Yeah, just change one of them to 192.168.0.2 or some other address that's not in use.
    What is the current router/switch you have?

• Advertisement

linksys 8 port. modem/router is a netgear

Advertisement