Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Nights in Dublin city centre?

Options
  • 20-09-2003 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Im startin 3rd year in DIT

Just wonderin does anyone have any idea where the best student nights are gonna be this year???

i miss the palace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

the palace? near wexford street? isn't that where all those killings happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by Boston
    the palace? near wexford street? isn't that where all those killings happened.

yeah near wexford st, on camden st

no i dont think their has been many killings there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

You're thinking of Anabel's. The murder happened outside the Burlington Hotel.

Jeez.

I hate the term 'student nights'. Why not ask about good places to go out AS STUDENTS?

I mean, unless you just want to go to a cattle mart. If so, just pay attention to posters in your college and make friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    You're thinking of Anabel's. The murder happened outside the Burlington Hotel.

Jeez.

I hate the term 'student nights'. Why not ask about good places to go out AS STUDENTS?

I mean, unless you just want to go to a cattle mart. If so, just pay attention to posters in your college and make friends.

oh for f%ck sake!!

"AS STUDENTS"????

I know where I can go AS a student

I wanna know where the drunken midweek gatherings are happening this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Fireworks again probably but it was always less then entertaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ummm redbox on wednesday.

Free in and cheap drinks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Originally posted by ShriekingSheet
    oh for f%ck sake!!

"AS STUDENTS"????

I know where I can go AS a student

I wanna know where the drunken midweek gatherings are happening this year!
    There's a difference, see. Difference between boring, run of the mill soulless society-invented student binge and good nights where students (most young people being students) go.

It depends on taste but if you like poleing painter-decorators, I guess that's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Theres a new night starting in the hub in Temple Bar in October, indie club and live name bands and students get in for a fiver. Don't know what its called yet but I reckon it'll be popular cos SU's around the city get a €1 for every ticket they sell for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

Student nights are no more, some law was passed to abolish them (ie no cheap drink promotions) The Governments attempt to clamp down on binge drinking.

I suppose you could go to Fireworks on a wednesday, but then you might end up like these twats

Soho monday nights, fireworks wednesday nights, spirit thursday nights etc etc.

The Slate mag always has a decent list of nights out with reviews of them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by jammy_dodger
    Student nights are no more, some law was passed to abolish them (ie no cheap drink promotions) The Governments attempt to clamp down on binge drinking.
    "Limited time" promotions are out the window, which effectively knocks "happy hours" and "beat the clock" style offers on the head.

I'd imagine that these will be replaced with concessions on the door tax.

Advertisement