Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can u help?

• 20-09-2003 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    Just got a real old laptop (Toshiba) and wanna play around with it a little. There is no OS on it :-( and it only has a 116MB hard disk, have not a clue how old it really is but its gotta be old if that's d size of the HDD.

Anyhow, was thinking about putting Win95 on it, will it fit?? Would there be much point? Secondly there is no CD-ROM drive so it will have 2 be the floppy route! If anyone out there has Win95 on floppies could you get in touch please.

Just wanna play around with it basically and I'm not expecting much form it.

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if it's got only a 116mb hdd i doubt win95 will go on it

i've a win95 machine at work and it's got a 600mb hard disk and it is nearly full and there is only win95 and office95 on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

@ Cr3m0

Thanx for the info buddie! Maybe Win 3.1 will fit? Ah it looks like I'll have it :-( Would have been fun to have a play with it though!!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Linux can be as small as you want it and it can run from cd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    Linux can be as small as you want it and it can run from cd

that would be great if it had a CD drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

He could run knoppix from a floppy ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement