Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote's forum

Options
  • 20-09-2003 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

I am wondering is there some way we can create this. I love quotes and it would be class if we could have a forum or something that people could post funny quotes etc.

It can be from the real world etc. You can tell how popurlar they are by the amount of people who have them in their sigs.

They dont have to be funny, they can be real quotes on serious issues to.

just an idea.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's here. Full of 'em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

What about a Quotes page for Boards.ie...

Showing some of the most funniest/stupid/inspired pieces of posts that have been put up on boards.ie....

Put in a link like report post to Mod but sends the post for considerastion to the quotes page...sort of "Best of Boards"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Why not?

We have that shiny toaster thingy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Who? Me?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Interesting sig Roller Toaster. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Put in a link like report post to Mod but sends the post for considerastion to the quotes page...sort of "Best of Boards"

Aren't the bai's MEANT to be doing already for Post of the Month?

Honestly 5 mods and they can't be arsed getting a new POTM, 's bloody Communist Russia 's what it is grumble grumble foight teh powa grumble grumble...

Anyway head to Bash to get your quote 'on', so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by Mark

Honestly 5 mods and they can't be arsed getting a new POTM,

Theres more than five mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    Theres more than five mods.

Not on the forum Mark linked to, smartarse :p

Mea Culpa Mark.

And to be corrected by Bard. Theres a kick in the nad. Yes, singular, so what !!!!!! Leave me alone

*marcus runs away*

"You and I should ride the coast and wind up in our favourite coats just miles away"

• Advertisement

The Day We Caught The Train
    by Ocean Colour Scene

Wasn't that like.... "John Lennon"?

*sigh*

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Bring back the www.yorema.com "big list of stupid things people say on IRC"!

'cept for boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

http://www.yorema.com/displayquote.asp

Seems to be down at the moment.

Alternatively, just say !quote in any irc channel im in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

wouldn't quotes fit in well on the creative writing board?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

How about linking this with this somehow with ecksor word of the day and call it quote of the day or week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

There used to be a quote of the day thread on English that Praetorian managed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The yorema.com Stupid Things People Say On IRC page will return at some point. It broke when I moved the site from a server running ASP to a server running PHP, and was too lazy to rewrite the database. Actually, that's not strictly true, I rewrote the database, I just didn't rewrite any of the OTHER code.

I'll fix it when I get a free moment, which may be any time from later this evening until doomsday.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Declined because its either covered by Yorema.com or by some new things in the pipeline.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement