Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

450 mhz > XP 2000

Options
  • 20-09-2003 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I was looking at a scrolling javascript today and it was moving much more smoothly and quickly on a 450mhz computer, then on an Athlon XP2000. Thats probably not the best judgement of performance but other things are running slower on the computer that should be way faster ( it has much more RAM aswell ).

Is there any decent programs that can tell me whats making it slower or any suggestions on how i can fix things.

Also about 1 in three times i turn on my computer and try to connect to the internet, everything stalls and on task list it says
    msgrv2 (not responding) . I have turn the computer off when this happens, it won't even shutdown, which is slightly annoying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

http://www.viaarena.com/

if not try a virus scan

hope this helps,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chilled

98se.

thx, you put me on the right track and i got few new drivers which seem to have improved the performance.

Advertisement