Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Computer Applications First Years

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Yep.. that was the orientation I was giving too!

Very rude!!

Originally posted by Emerson
    wohoo! can't wait...:rolleyes:

Did I hear someone answer a call during the Maths class? Thought I could hear some girl nattering after a mobile went off... lol

I arrived late for Electronics this morning.. damn 746 crawling through town. Tis a bit embarrasing coming in late.
    Wasn't it funny how one or two late comers actually walked across the lecture room in front of the teacher and in the path of the projector without saying a word last week during orientation?

I must've missed that lecture :p

seriously, miss whatever lectures you want, especially at the start - cause they're all a load of **** and you can find out everything you need from other people + the ca website.

That maths thing was so boring and I was sittin in the seat in front of the girl who answered the phone - now most people just turn their phone off when it rings in a lecture, but she actually had the whole conversation right there...

Not that that gay prick giving the lecture actually noticed. I hear he's a shíte teacher too and we will learn nothing from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

ca1 right here too. I'm the guy in the leather jacket with long hair that's not the other huy in the leather jacket with long hair, that guy totaly ripped off my style man. I sent a few e-mails on the ca1 mailing list so you should get them. I'm on L208 right now as a matter of fact, waiting for this lab piece 'o ****.
    And that disorientation ball was pretty ****e I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

L101 here.

thursday night was good imo. hopefully this thursday will be as good/better.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

L101, here at last...

Was wondering what "Lall combined" was! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

This could be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

The CA email list was absolutely hopping today! Good stuff....

Originally posted by Emerson
    The CA email list was absolutely hopping today! Good stuff....

yea i know... i got about 120 e-mails in about 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

yeah we're tryin to get ppl to stop usin the mailing list as instant messaging :) irc #dcucomp on quakenet every1! install mirc on ur h drives ***

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

dcu smells like wee

• Advertisement

or just use the forums

haha now I get to look down on everyone who signed up after september! N00BS!

Originally posted by DRakE
    dcu smells like wee

n00b

Originally posted by DRakE
    dcu smells like wee

once again drake enlightens us with his profound words of wisdom :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Big City Smaug

Personaly I think dcu kicks salty ass. I mean yeah the students union are incompetent fascists but in general the place is pretty good. What was i gonna say, oh yeah im gonna get yah phreak you better watch your back. :mad:

<revoking threat in advance>

Oh yus, i wouldnt be suprised if you have some nasty 'accidents'. :rolleyes:

<affirming fact this lack of suprise would come from general psychic premonitions interpreted as a certain persons misfortune and not from the fact i have any intention of carrying out any illegal or otherwise anti-social behaviour in a second parties general direction.>

First impressions given by the mails im gettin from the ca spammers is that im in a course filled with drunkards ;)
    so there you go. Dont give me any jib you bastards!

Originally posted by Big City Smaug
    What was i gonna say, oh yeah im gonna get yah phreak you better watch your back. :mad:

<revoking threat in advance>

Oh yus, i wouldnt be suprised if you have some nasty 'accidents'. :rolleyes:

rofl

don't worry dave ill save u! or at least point and laugh when these accidents occur........... actually the latter seems to benefit me more, ill stick with that :D btw smaug = titou?

Originally posted by sionnach
    don't worry dave ill save u!

thanks dear.

Your only in the door and youre already you're calling me names sionnach, be warned theres plenty of wrath to go around.

<not that id ever hurt any1>

Incidentaly you're a titou!

TITOU!

Originally posted by Big City Smaug
    Your only in the door

ph33r the spook smaug!

you wha? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yah.

Just starting Computer Apps. now tomorrow [Friday].
    Appeals came back and I got up what I needed to get up and im now in Computer Apps :D

See you bunch of muppets tomorrow ;)

Originally posted by Winters
    Appeals came back and I got up what I needed to get up and im now in Computer Apps :D

well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

Don't forget to join Redbrick...... You could get the chance to chat with Andy Orr (banana)...

ah, at least ur just in time for the redbrick freshers ball! Ofc there's gonna be about 10 birds and about 300 dudes but it shud be a laf anyway!

unless ur gay ofc, then it would be animal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Yea, make sure to join Redbrick (www.redbrick.dcu.ie) it's kinda like boards, only with a different bunch of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by p
    Yea, make sure to join Redbrick (www.redbrick.dcu.ie) it's kinda like boards, only with a different bunch of people.

Except absolutely nothing like boards whatsoever.

(in so far as boards has nowehre near the amount of muppetry, bitchiness, infighting and power junkies as redbrick)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Hi,

Another CA head here.

Im a CACSSE3! Bastards mergerd bloody SE with CS over the summer which meant we lost our options for this year, and got the stupid sounding/looking CACSSE3 title!

I mean, Im gona get a degree in what sounds like CACKS!!
    Still tho, more letters after me name - BSc CACSSE!! lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Problems
    The server has been having problems running Jive. Lately it's just been bringing down the server, so we had to stop it. We're going to try and set it up on a new server.

Fix your forums damn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

jst wondern wat are the hours like in first year ca?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

For me, the first semester was about 18/20 hours a week - this excludes the tutorials for both Maths and Programming, which would add another 2 hours.

Mondays began at 12, Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 10, Thursdays and Fridays at 9.

You can see the timetable here. That includes the time for all the modules, of course, so large chunks of that are cut out. For example that huge block on Tuesday before lunch - everyone only has one of those.

Plenty of free time, which is nice, but all that free time will be taken up with projects in the later years, I'm sure.

Advertisement