Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what car radio to BUY MP3 Style

Options
  • 21-09-2003 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Ok I m after getting my new Focus Tddi Van, I must say these are one nice van and boy can they move but the radio is shocking, ok it has a cd palyer buy they are such crap.. I currently have a Sony DJC 450RDS with 10 CD changer box, What Im thinking of doing is buying a new MP3 Sony head unit and connect the existing 10 cd changer box to the new head and anyone got and opions on Sony or what kinda of head unit should I go for Pioneer, VDO???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucian

If you have a Sony cd changer then you must get a Sony radio as the CDX-MP40 (entry level for MP3) to control it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Does the changer not have to be mp3 compatible as well?

No it does not as the changer will play standard CD's and the head unit will play as well as normal CD's, Mp3 format.

For the Cd Changer to play MP3 you have to get one that has the capabilities of reading MP3 format as CDX-T70MX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

I'd say it kinda defeats the purpose using a 10 disc changer at all in that case.
    Sure one mp3 cd will hold as much as the ten discs!

MP3 was the best thing, and i have the same opinion about it, but if you own a cd changer you might as well use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

as patch said, whats the point in a 10 disc cd changer when an mp3 player can play 10 albums on 1 disc anyway!!!

On a side note i have a brand new pioneer head unit which can play mp3s for sale at the mo.........its only a month old and i gotta sell it cos i aint got a car for it to go in!!!

Open to offers!!
    Peter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

pedro ferio-vti
    post some more details about your cd player, i'm on the look-out for one at the moment. What's the model no.?
    Consider advertising in the Classified\For sale section too.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

ok just for you dodger!

Its a pioneer DEH-P550MP premier cd player which plays both WMA and MP3 file formats and comes with a steering wheel mounted remote control.

"This MOSFET 50 x 4 CD Receiver plays CDs, MP3's, and WMA discs, so turn it up, using the unit's Pop-up Rotary Volume Control. To fine-tune your vehicle's sound, how about this set of tools: EEQ™ SFEQ, the new EQ-EX, AND high-pass and low-pass crossovers. The DEH-P550MP has our new Supertuner® IIID™ digital tuner for superb FM and AM radio reception, and it's XM-Ready. It also features a Multi-Color LCD Display, a steering wheel remote, and a detachable/flap face."
    1045066850212deh_p5500mp_detailpage.jpg

I bought this about a month ago and didnt use it that much but its a fabulous piece of kit and the sound is unbelievable....... I'm looking for €300, i paid €350 for it a month ago.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Thanks for the reply pedro ferio-vti,
    That unit sure packs a punch.
    Unfortunately, I have a budget of about €130 - €150.
    I saw a head unit and boot changer go for 150 in the FS section couple o weeks ago..
    Hindsight is great. I should've bid.
    I hope you get a sale though.
    Paste her in the For Sale section.

Advertisement