Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2000-ProServer

Options
  • 21-09-2003 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey,
    I know this will seem simple to loads of you, but i have no expierence of win2000 pro server and i just want to know how to get mIRC Flashget and the like to work on networks with firewalls/proxys and the like ... any help is welcome
    So i can abuse this 100MB line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Ask your network admin. I'm sure they'd be glad to help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

100Mb line ?
    Well if it is in Ireland then it's a big company and they tend to get very touchy about people doing non-workrelated stuff during the time you claim to be working.

So ask your admin - if they say no - then your contract probably covers what will happen if you try to tunnel out - though not necessiarly in those terms.

In one office we've set up a machine for internet access in a visible place, so you can see if someone it taking the piss...

Note: given the recent number of M$ patches/holes , I'd say you have a snowball's chance of getting the firewall oppened up.

When it comes to corporate IT and security in general
    "That which is not expressely permitted, is denied"

Advertisement