Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virus?

Options
  • 01-06-1999 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

i reckon i got a virus (to add to all my sblive probs)

basically its put childlike scrawls on my close/minimise boxes at top right hand side of window.

any one know anything about it?
    the excellent mcafee doesnt even detect it sad.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Could be a memory leak. I get that an odd time after the machine been left running for a day or so without rebooting. Only happens in Win98 though. If one of my machines was infected then my other 4 machines would be as well (and I have no probs with them).

What happens to me is the Max/min/close buttons turn into junk or some gfx from something else. The Start button gets junk written on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 neo

ya for once I agree with hobbes, My icons on my desktop change into all sorts of **** once in a while, a good reboot usually does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

For once you agree with me? Sorry do I know you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

LOL smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

could well be right
    after about 12 hours installing soundcards and then uninstalling (repeat about 10 times) it came up. i only arrived home today and found that my childish scrawl on the max/min/close buttons was gone and my system was seemingly unaffected (one hopes)
    just triggered a vague memory i have about some such problem before that someone had and the word virus sprang to mind
    hope it dont reappear smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Serves ya right for spending so long on your puter Eamo tongue.gif

Ven(na,na,na na,na)om

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Try TweakUI

Under repair tab, select rebuild icons in the dropdown and Repair.......

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Sounds like video card problems. I had similar problems with a number 9 card I had once, though I can't remember what I did to fix it. I think I just left it, since it only happened once in a blue moon.

Hey, swap you my crappy SonicStorm Pro card for your crappy SBlive card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 number1

Sounds like a HOMOSEXUAL problem to me PAL.

Maybe you should STRAIGHTEN up {!}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MuppetPolice

Stop That.
    I mean it mister

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I have the same problem.
    maybe its me Tnt card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

whats the difference between an SBLive and the Valure edition?

about 90 quid smile.gif

does that extra £90 pay for a loada software youd never use, or is there an actual hardware difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

It's probably like the Awe 64...better conducting materials used in the componets, and a few extra ports. Can't remember what they were used for, I could only afford the value smile.gif

yep.
    loads of software. gold contacts for better quality etc and a nice little digital i/o port. sound is truely awesome from it.
    buy one now
    they rock

blah..boasting time:

its coming with my new Dell XPS 550 in the next few months, SBlive, TNT2 32meg and a 19" trinitron...shove that up your swiss roll(tm)

Advertisement