Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

rip off renault

Options
  • 21-09-2003 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

got a clio in 2000, no real problems with it but the bloody cost of light bulbs,
    it got double optic headlight, which sounds cool but really means give us your money, anyway get about a year out of a bulb at €12 a go

then my brake light goes not the ones in the back lights but the one on top of the boot, easy enought to take out problem is it will cost me €65 for a new one!!!

anyway i better get it i am sure the insurance company would be delighted to hear i was missing a light after an accident,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Where are you getting the bulbs? It sounds from your post as if you're getting them from a renault dealer? Bulbs are pretty standard so no need to go to renault to get a bulb for your clio. Just go to any motor factors (bring the old bulb with you!) and they'll sell you a replacement for a bit less than what you'd pay at a renault dealer and it will be of equally good quality. If you're already getting your bulbs at a motor factors then you'll just have to accept that the bulbs for your car are pretty dear. And you can be sure that it's not just renault or the clio that have expensive bulbs, it'll be a similar story with other makes of car which have double optic headlights as I said bulbs are pretty standard.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

often dismantlers have the bulbs as well. I had to replace the taillight on the car because of a small hole in the red light, anyway the unit I got at the dismantlers even included the bulbs. The motor factors is probably easier though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Excuse my ingerance but whats a double optic headlight?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

i did check around for the headlight bulbs, tried loads of motor factors, renault dealers ect, €12 was the best price, didnt ask around about the tail light yet, am off tomorrow, will get out the "good old yellow pages" will ring both motor factors and dismantelers,thanks lads

Mike- i am not too sure exactly what double optic is, but i think it just means seperate bulbs and reflectors for the head and for the dip lights,.there designed (for extra profits "lol" and) to replace the arrangement that has worked fine for decades.

okay i admit they look cool too, even on a clio
    :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by tlachta
    okay i admit they look cool too, even on a clio :D
    The lights may look cool on a clio but pity that the lump of metal around the lights isn't :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭D-!

did u check German Swedish and French Car Parts in Clondalkin there pretty cheap compared to all other motor factors

give them a ring 4606062

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by kbannon
    The lights may look cool on a clio but pity that the lump of metal around the lights isn't :D

Don't mind him. He just thinks he's a bigshot because he drives an old boxy "I wish I was cool" '89 BMW.
    He has a go at everyone's cars. But he's also much older than everyone else, and is a critically acclaimed web designer:p, which is why he can afford the insurance. I wonder what he drove when he was 20!!
    I've seen him slag off loads of cars on other threads. I guess he has the right to, since he owns the perfect car.

You can even tell by his signature that he's a nob-end. My Dad used to say that crappy one-liner to me when I was a kid, and he thought it was gas too.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by herbie747
    Don't mind him. He just thinks he's a bigshot because he drives an old boxy "I wish I was cool" '89 BMW.
    He has a go at everyone's cars. But he's also much older than everyone else, and is a critically acclaimed web designer:p, which is why he can afford the insurance. I wonder what he drove when he was 20!!
    I've seen him slag off loads of cars on other threads. I guess he has the right to, since he owns the perfect car.
    I have a go at everyones car? Really? What are you basing this upon my thoughts of the Hyundai coupe from a previous thread? I drove my fathers opel omega when I was 20.
    Thanks for thinking that Im a critically acclaimed web designer - but you are the first to ever try and put me on that pedastel. I am not sure where this came from but is it because I reviewed a site you wanted and you didn't like the result?
    Lastly, the clio is one ugly ****in car (always was , always will be) - create a poll and see for yourself!
    You can even tell by his signature that he's a nob-end. My Dad used to say that crappy one-liner to me when I was a kid, and he thought it was gas too.
    Youre just jealous.

Herbie, go out and get laid (ie have one off the wrist) and stop being such a miserable **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Originally posted by tlachta
    anyway i better get it i am sure the insurance company would be delighted to hear i was missing a light after an accident.
    I don't think they would be able to have a go at you, the centre light isn't a legal requirement or anything, as long as the two 'normal' rear lights work you should be fine from a legal standpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Isnt it true that legally, if you want to get really nitty-gritty, the lighting bye laws say you must have "one stop light, red, showing to the rear of the vehicle", so in theory if a guard gives u crap for having only one brake light u can tell him to go read his little book. However, i dont think you'd get through the NCT without at least two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement