Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big impact players?

• 21-09-2003 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

The first few games are over, players have settled into their positions (except for certain left wingers at Chelsea and Liverpool *cough* that are being played in wrong positions) and I want to know who do you think is going to be the big impact players? You can say anything from Veron to Kieron Dyer, it doesn't matter. The point is, who (judging on the first few games) is going to make a difference?

As an Arsenal supporter I am kind of frustrated as I dont see anyone leading the race for them, except maybe Henry (as per usual).

So who do you think its going to be this season? And dont say Cristiano Ronaldo, he is a show man, not a REAL player :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

I think Duff will make an impact to chelsea's team.

Cristiano Ronaldo is only starting to learn how to play in England There is a big difference between playing Football in england and portugal.

Keano will straighten him out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Hrm, I dont know, he is a silky player, Ronaldo that is, but if they changed him into an English style player, I would be dissapointed. He is a show man, someone to get the crowd saying "did you see that?" hes like Ronaldihno when Brazil are 5-0 up :) or Zidane when Real Madrid are 0-3 down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For 'Pool Kewell has made a difference now he's playing mainly down the left but y'know who has surprised me most so far?

Vlad the Pale One! He's popping up to good effect just off Owen/Baros/Heskey. With Hamman out for a while yet and Gerrard filling in his role to a large degree maybe Smicer will have the part nailed down for the season....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

I think kevin phillips is going to have a good season for southampton. He needs a 'big man' to play beside and with beattie he could rediscover the form that won him the golden boot a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I think kevin phillips is going to have a good season for southampton. He needs a 'big man' to play beside and with beattie he could rediscover the form that won him the golden boot a few years ago.
    His goal yesterday was Vintage Phillips. Southampton for Europe next year is a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by The Muppet
    His goal yesterday was Vintage Phillips. Southampton for Europe next year is a possibility.
    very slight but they have come a long way in the last few years and are a team not to be taken lightly anymore, as for a real player kewell will do wonders for the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Steve McManaman. City already have a lot of attack minded players in place and he will start pulling them all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Nike_Dude

Here here. I can't believe there wasn't a queue of managers at the Riverside to sign Philips, how Spurs could have done with his movement on Saturday...:(

I reckon he'll be one of the signings of the season. Well done Gordon "I'm mad me" Strachan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

for spurs i see kanoute as the impact player. 4 goals in 4 games i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Claude makelele was the linchpin of the Rèal Madrid midfield last season. They missed him badly when he wasn`t available particularily in the semi final against juve. he should be able to help turn chelesa into a serious premiership force.

Peter Whittingham is the type of wide player that Aston Villa were without for a long time. His supply of crosses from the left flank to Juan Pablo Angel won us the match against charlton. We saw more of the same in the match against the addicks.Sadly Alpay wasnt able to convert them.

Christian Chivu is roma`s playmaker at the back. His prescence has become a decisive factor in getting Roma to the top of the serie A he has scored in both of the games he has featured in so far. He is also a master of set pieces.

Kevin phillips has strengtened the venom of Southamptons attacking force.Him and james beattie are arguably one of the most deadly striker combinations in the premiership.

• Advertisement
Advertisement