Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RECYCLED Folders in New Paritions

Options
  • 21-09-2003 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just installed a new 80gb hdd and I paritioned it 10gb-60gb-10gb (all FAT32 partitions)

When I logged back into Windows 2000 I noticed that in the root of all the new partitions there was a folder called 'RECYCLED' (it's not the same type as the one which appears when you go to TOOLS|FOLDER OPTIONS|VIEW|SHOW HIDDEN FILES OR FOLDERS)

Folder Options is set to do not show hidden files or folders.

Does anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You sure it isn't RECYCLER? Anyway, this is perfectly normal, the recycle process is managed on a partition by partition basis, all controlled by the main process in Explorer.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

No, it's definitely RECYCLED.

Interesting development, I booted into XP instead of W2K and it said new devices had been installed and that I must reboot, I did and the RECYCLED had gone from both W2K & XP.....

Go figure! :rolleyes:

Advertisement