Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Videos

Options
  • 21-09-2003 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

For the MTV generation :D
    What's everyone fave/least fave music video out there at the moment?
    I'm not particularly fond of the Breathe vid, Blu and Sean Paul. What have they done to her eyes???
    Seven Nation Army video rocks, though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Not much of a fan of promo videos in general but if I have to watch one then personally I prefer videos which have a narrative in them. I hate watching 'live' performances or gimmicky videos that end up going nowhere or worse still pop videos where the artist heartlfeltly spends the 3 minutes singing into camera as though anyone even cares.

The last video I watched all the way to the end was that new Travis one where the four of them spend the whole time fighting with each other during a regional tour.

Before that I think 'Coming in From the Cold' by the Delgados was the last video I saw which impressed me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As well as the White Stripes some of the newer RHCP videos and The Flaming Lips’ Fight Test video are pretty good.

It would be nice it MTV played a little more videos and a little less repeats of stuff like Cribs and Diary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Yeah Yeah You Know It-Erick Sermon,Redman and Keith Murray.
    I swear,the women in that video are just something else. Even if you dont like rap its worth watching for it.

Obie Trice-Gotta Have Teeth. Funny video exposing the dangers of the beer goggles effect. Anyone who has ever said on sunday morning"what the **** was i thinking"in relation to a rough looking bird that you tried/succeeded in getting during a night on the piss will identify with this.
    Though Ive yet to see a attractive female taxi driver like the one he eventually ends up with.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I just saw The Chemical Brothers/The Flaming Lips video for The Golden Path today - really, really good.

On the subject of MTV, unfortunetly they branched each of the music styles it represented (like in Brand:New, The Late Lick, Dancefloor Chart) into their own channels (MTV2, MTV Hits, MTV Base, MTV Dance etc.) and changed the main channel into a damn entertainment one. While they play some good shows (depending on who you are), they shouldn't be played at nauseum, let alone on "Music Television".
    TRL. TRL's Top 50 Moments. The Bleeping Osbournes. Cribs. Dismissed. Cribs. Jackass. Jackass. The Osbournes. The Osbornes. Repeat.
    Jeez, its just pop culture now, its just gotten awful.

www.launch.com is a good place for music videos if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

I won't comment on the quality of his music, but 50cents video for 'pimp' , the uncut version, has some top totty in it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Bjork's videos are always excellent as are any others directed by Michel Gondry (anyone seen his film "Human Nature"?)

I can't remember the last time I turned on MTV and saw an actual music video. Jackass is the only good show on there, and i've seen them all a hundred times!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Roots - What They Do.
    Very clever.

Also UNKLE - Rabbit In Headlights

Least favourite? Well there are lots and lots and lots of crap videos, so take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

One of the best videos I've seen is Smack My Bitch Up by The Prodigy

Best recent video I've seen would be Sonne By Rammstein (the one with Snow White and stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Shred
    One of the best videos I've seen is Smack My Bitch Up by The Prodigy
    yeah, agreed.

the chemical brothers - star guitar is another favourite, genius piece of work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Star Guitar is one of the most intelligent videos i have ever seen

Rammstein - Links 2, 3, 4
    Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up
    Chemical Brothers - Let Forever Be

all good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by tman
    the chemical brothers - star guitar is another favourite, genius piece of work...

directed by michael gondry of bjork (human behaviour, army of me, bachelorette), radiohead (knives out) and massive attack (protection) fame. easily my favourite director by far (even ahead of cunningham).

Either way I think this thread is about videos out at the moment (god knows the favourite video has bee done to death before).. I'd have to go with the 'Lips/Chemical Brothers track... Golden Path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

last videos i saw were the radiohead video on rollingstone.com (go to sleep - another Thom Yorke solo video. whens he gonna change the name of the band to Thom Yorke & Radiohead? does anyone remember the last time the full band appeared in a radiohead video. I'm guessing it was for something off the bends (paranoid android doesnt count cos they were animated.)

and the video for Stockholm Syndrome by muse, but that was on the CD single.

mtv makes me wanna smoke craic......(Beck)

Advertisement