Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'the premiership' (ITV)

• 21-09-2003 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

i don't know if anyone here watches it, it has more coverage than RTE's effort
    but unless i'm mistaken, every week since the premiership started this season they have shown the chelsea match first in each program, either saturday or monday

i'm sick looking at this, even a bit part match against wolves was shown first and it wasn't a featured match. I'm wondering if chelsea payed off ITV to always show their game first, i haven't been proved wrong yet

i don't find chelsea particularly interesting to watch, they don't have the most supporters and personally i don't think they'll win the league, so for god sake give another team the priviledge of being shown first

that is all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A decent topic next time mate enough of this drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by smuckers
    A decent topic next time mate enough of this drivel.

i'll try harder next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

well this is a football forum, I think the topic is quite valid.

And I agree with you. I think chelsea have become the new beckhams in england and the country is becoming obsessed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The same can be said for the permeirship in Irweland where no matter who United were playing last season it was a featured game. These guys know what they are doing, there is most definitely a reason behind it, what it is I don't know. There is certainly alot of interest in CFC this year what withtheir bevy of exciting world class players and their Loadsa Money Russian owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

what short memories you have, last season you were lucky if you got to see the chelsea goals at all in the manunitedship. old Des looked almost SAD that he had to show the chelsea highlights at all ( 5 goals isn't an everyday occurance)
    it's a refreshing and welcome change from the Man U bias everyone has had to endure for the last decade.

Now as long as they don't start lots of spurs coverage I'll be happy , although Leeds must make for great entertainment these days ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

chelsea have spent over 100 million on players(or was it over 150?) god forbid that people actually have some intrest in whether or not that 100+million is getting them any results and what this vast array of superstars that they bought are doing.
    Originally posted by growler

it's a refreshing and welcome change from the Man U bias everyone has had to endure for the last decade.

like said above ^^

don't get me wrong, i'm definately not in favour of a unitedship every week, but i don't think any team should be shown first all the time
    i think the best match should be shown, and that certainly wouldn't be chelsea - wolves

just because chelsea spent money doesn't mean noone else has the right to be shown first

i'd prefer to see (i think most people would) arse against newcastle (to be unbiased, i support neither) than watch chelsea/united against relegation hopefuls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

In hindsight they really should have showed the Bolton Newcastle game. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

The Only thing i hate about "the primership" is the ****ing Ads at Half time in every match they show and the boring **** from Des Lynam and Ally mc Coist.

For some strange reason i think Andy Townsend does a good job :confused:

Originally posted by smuckers
    In hindsight they really should have showed the Bolton Newcastle game. :rolleyes:

way to go

i don't really like the presenters, hate the ads, the crap music and very lengthy intro
    but it does show more of the matches

• Advertisement
Advertisement