Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

corrupt master file table-usb 200gb hd

Options
  • 21-09-2003 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi lads and lassies,
    bit of a problem, i have a 200gb usb hard drive, after turning on my computer today i encountered a "corrupt master file table"
    error on my external device, when i go to access the drive, it appears in explorer but is inaccessible or readible, ive tried it on another computer but i still have the same problem.

any ideas of how i can recover the data, using software of any other utilities? any help much appericated......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Partition Recovery or Partition Magic are worth a try.

Not cheap, but possibly a last resort option: Disk Commander

If you still have the problems, I would consider disassembling the device casing to plug the disk straight into the IDE cable on the PC, you might find it easier to sort out from there than as an external usb device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Blockey

i had partition magic on my hdd! im gonna try get my hands
    on disk commander now and see what happens? thanks for the help, hope it works!

Advertisement