Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale - when to lock thread / site navigation sub-menu

Options
  • 21-09-2003 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Hi,

could there be a few days grace before locking threads to allow anyone who recieved the goods to leave feedback - or perhaps provide a feedback forum so people can say they got the stuff ok / or not?

the next time the site navigatin menu is beeing edited - can the sub-forums under For Sale (FS General, FS Mobiles...) be added in under a sub-menu?

BrianG
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

ARRRRHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!1111111

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

George "DubWireless" Bush, I would take that "ARRRRHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!1111111" as a no because it bhas beeen debated many a time before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Just add them to your subbed forums and all will be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Victor
    George "DubWireless" Bush, I would take that "ARRRRHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!1111111" as a no because it bhas beeen debated many a time before.

:)

i've never debated it before - so what's the probelm?

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    Just add them to your subbed forums and all will be well.

thanks does the job alright - but they've done it for a few other topics with sub menu's (e.g. in Community. Sci / Tech...) - just seems to have been overlooked for the For Sale menu...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by DubWireless
    They were put that way deliberately

thanks does the job alright - but they've done it for a few other topics with sub menu's (e.g. in Community. Sci / Tech...) - just seems to have been overlooked for the For Sale menu...
    No, it's deliberate to make sure people have read through the main board first.

Originally posted by sceptre
    They were put that way deliberately

erm... i don't follow what you mean :confused: - was wondering what the problem with having For Sale feedback is?

No, it's deliberate to make sure people have read through the main board first.

ah ok :)

although unless the forum descriptions were highlighted in big flashing red letters at the top of each of the forums it's doubtful many people read them anyhow ;)

the way of the web 'n all...

P.S. if that's the case, someone might want to re-direct the For Sale link (icon) on the home page to the main forum (rather than directly to the sub FS General forum)?

P.S. if that's the case, someone might want to re-direct the For Sale link (icon) on the home page to the main forum (rather than directly to the sub FS General forum)?
    You mean this guy?

forsale_on.gif

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=11 (existing link)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=355 (corrected link)

• Advertisement

You mean this guy?

that's the chap :)

come January will he have to extinguish his cigar though :D

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

the sub forums menu thing is answered here

and the threads are locked when the seller says that all items are sold. Now I don't know what ur definition of sold is but I usualy take it as when the items and money have already exchanged hands.

re: no sub menus

hmm... not sure you can have that much faith about people reading the tiny text under the link before they click on it... same way stickies are auto filtered out when scanning the page of topics...

if you really want to get the no traders / rules message across there would be better way's of highlighting it - like drawing attention to it at the point when they add a new topic - as that is your specific target (same way inserting the default post text suggestion worked out ;))

re: thread locking

question was about feedback after the sale...

Advertisement