Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man U v Arsenal

• 21-09-2003 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Well,that was without a shadow of doubt the most boring match I've ever watched in my life. Not one decent shot, the penalty was a joke,and van nistelrooy fell all over the place.

Man U 0 - 0 Arsenal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

dreadful game, there was no need for Van Nist to stick his boot into Viera's back though he shouldn't have lashed out he didn't actually touch him.

what about the end with all the players going for Van Nist it was absolute mayhem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

smuckers are u f*cking well blind ? van did **** all

cheating bastards as usuall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Tempers really did flare at the end of that match.
    Too bad that was the only excitement in the game.
    Vieira had to go, having already been booked, contact or not you cant lash out like that.
    I'd say Lauren will get in trouble too for the way he shoved Van Nistelrooy. Speaking of rvn, there was no need for him to climb all over Vieira.
    I dont think it was a penalty either.
    0-0 pretty much sums up this affair. Crap.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Emboss
    smuckers are u f*cking well blind ? van did **** all

awwww, bless :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

arsenal were an absolute disgrace. behaviour was bloody awful. keown is a complete fool for taunting van after he missed the peno. parlour and co pushed him after the final whistle gone. disgraceful.

van nistlerooy is the absoute model pro for not reacting. he kept his head down and ran into the tunnel. no player should have to endure that.

Emboss would you read the bloody post I never said Van Nist had a good game I said they all went for him at the end he had an appalling game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Indeed a terrible game but i think ur being a bit harsh on van nistelrooy. Maybe it was an accident with foot in the back and maybe it wasn't, yellow card seems a decent decesion. Attempting to kick another player = RED. It don't matter imo if he actually touched him but the intent was obviously there.

It was also a penalty, Keown fouled Forlan. Why? why don't u ask him, forlan wasn't even going to get the ball, let alone score. This is forland afterall.

What really has pissed me off about that game is not that Ruud missed(well ok that too, but even before he took it i knew he'd miss), its the Arsenals players reaction afterwards. Keown jumping in Ruuds face taunting him and then after the game Ruud being surrounded by Arsenal players pushing and shoving him. Thats an absolute disgrace. I hope Arsenal get fined and maybe even deducted points for bringing the game into disrepurte. It wasn't even during the game it was AFTER.
    van nistelrooy fell all over the place
    I dont remember him falling anywhere ***, or if he did it musnt have been that often seeing as i dont recall it.

Ronaldo played fairly well, got some god crosses in and put Cole on his ass which was funny. Fair play to him for staying on his feet when cole fowled him near the end and still tried to get his cross in. Some players might have gone down. Was happy to see he still got his free.

Arsenal need to sort out their discipline ***. I felt so sorry for Ruud. The look of depression on his face and the Arsenal scum arround him. Bah, **** be Arsenal players sometimes.

Model pro my ass, he was shiting his pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

he's a footballer, not a boxer, he shouldnt have had to go through that. you cant defend that kind of behaviour.

• Advertisement

Model pro my ass, he was ****ing his pants
    Errr i dont think so, at least his face was more depressed than scared. He just wanted outta there and bury his head in his hands. Even if he was ****ting his pants my first reaction if i had been him would have been to start shoving em back and telling em where to stick it. He kept his cool (prob helped by his depression) and ran off the pitch.

Arsenal need to be disciplined, hard imo. Scum absolute scum

Originally posted by smuckers
    Emboss would you read the bloody post I never said Van Nist had a good game I said they all went for him at the end he had an appalling game.

i'm talking about this dribble

"dreadful game, there was no need for Van Nist to stick his boot into Viera's back though he shouldn't have lashed out he didn't actually touch him."

van didn't go near him

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Model pro my ass, he was shiting his pants.

Would you **** yourself with 80,000 fans and roy keane behind ye ? **** the fans just roy would do

I'm neither defending nor condoning the Arsenal players behaviour after the game. It was disgraceful, and quite unprofessional.
    No, he shouldnt have had to go through it.

Schemichal on Radio 5 said the penno shud have been retaken LOL.

well he did climb all over his back and totally miss timed his jump. :p

Van the Man hasnt been playing too good recently :(
    Guess he's in doing an Owen from last season :p

he can't say today he didn't see it!

it was there for all to see the scum in full flight would any of them have the balls to that to keano ? hahaha no ****ing way **** arsenal we'll be champions again....

Hehehe, im more worried about Chelsea *** than those twits.
    Still was a ****e game which will no doubt be eclipsed by what happened (and for once, rightfully so)

"dreadful game, there was no need for Van Nist to stick his boot into Viera's back though he shouldn't have lashed out he didn't actually touch him."

van didn't go near him

To quote yourself, are you f*cking well blind? If you didnt see RVN with his knee in Vieira's back then you need to take off those blinkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Van should have gotten a yellow for the tackle on Viera, as Viera should have gotten a yellow for lashing out. Nobody can argue with that.

Viera lost it after the first yellow, funny that both the captains of arsenal and man utd. are the most agressive of them all :)

Did anyone else feel that he was gona miss the second the peno was given? Me and my friend just knew he was gona miss :/

I hope Arsenal get points deducted so they finally learn that they can't harass a player like that. Also at the end someone was hassling Ronaldo and Giggs aswell.

I thought Ronaldo was really really good today, he showed the signs of a great player, with a lot of variety, seems like a good choice by ferge again. I thought Giggs and Van weren't getting much of the ball today, the arsenal defence played a stormer, cept for Keown at the end, I havn't a clue what he was thinking.

• Advertisement

He did get a yellow for his dodgy jump and landing on Viera's back. His knee was not in his back imo, his foot was tho but it was more 'resting' on it then actually attempting to harm him....
    Did anyone else feel that he was gona miss the second the peno was given
    Yup, i buried my head in my hands. He tried to blast it and usually it would work i guess but today it was that inch too high :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Something happen......?:ninja:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Schemichal on Radio 5 said the penno shud have been retaken LOL.

why lol have you been watching football this season.:D

Would you **** yourself with 80,000 fans and roy keane behind ye ? **** the fans just roy would do

I though Keano helped Viera and defused the situation actually.
    posted by Makaveli
    I'm neither defending nor condoning the Arsenal players behaviour after the game. It was disgraceful, and quite unprofessional.

Mid you dont fall off that fence. So you not prepared to condemn what you consider to be disgracful behavior.Call youself a sports Fan.

Fair result IMHO but what happend after the match was unacceptable.

Mind you dont learn to read there.
    Since when do condone and condemn mean the same thing.

To quote yourself, are you f*cking well blind? If you didnt see RVN with his knee in Vieira's back then you need to take off those blinkers.

he was in mid ****ing flight what's he suppose to do ?

*hold everything pls move a bit while i finish my landing*

twat

and what do you know arsene SEEN rudd commiting the foul, well there's a turn up for the books

He jumped on top of him.:rolleyes:

Mind you dont learn to read there.

My apologies Makaveli I Mis read your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Couldn't happen to a nicer cheat. Nice to see that Wenger had the courage to let everyone know exactly what he thought of him. Nearly wet myself when I saw him run off the pitch with his tail between his legs at the end, and even his own captain, Roy Keane, refused to defend his behaviour - opting for a 'no comment' instead.

On a sidenote, exactly how obsessed are United with Liverpool? They're playing Arsenal in a game that, if they win, they'll go to the top of the league and what are they singing? "If you all hate scousers clap your hands" and "Build a bonfire, put the scousers on top."

He jumped on top of him.:rolleyes:

he made a clumsy jump for the ball yes **** happens you don't start kicking out at a player

unless your arsenal player sick of coming second place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Everything Fergie said after the game was right.

Originally posted by RasTa
    Everything Fergie said after the game was right.

spot on

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

rvn should not have jumped like that, despite the fact he put his knee in vieras back you can also see his foot kick out as he falls down, no contact made but rvn does strike out. Viera should not have struch out but he did, no foul commitied but he was sent off, i can't blame the arsenal players for being pissed off, their captin was sent off in the last ten minutes and for many of the players they do not know why.
    ok, rude did not deserve the treatment he got after the penalty but how can you be so blatently sure it was a penelty, both players went down at the same time.

As for ronaldo, he needs to go find his center of gravity, he fell over as soon as any body came neer him for most of the match unless he was in the middle of an attack. Discrasefull match for BOTH sides.

it was there for all to see the scum in full flight would any of them have the balls to that to keano ? hahaha no ****ing way **** arsenal we'll be champions again....

Viera just pushed keane out of his way after the incedent, he is not a god or anything.

All bull****e aside it was a bad game and there is no love loss between either team.

Originally posted by TomTom
    rvn should not have jumped like that, despite the fact he put his knee in vieras back you can also see his foot kick out as he falls down, no contact made but rvn does strike out. Viera should not have struch out but he did, no foul commitied but he was sent off, i can't blame the arsenal players for being pissed off, their captin was sent off in the last ten minutes and for many of the players they do not know why.
    ok, rude did not deserve the treatment he got after the penalty but how can you be so blatently sure it was a penelty, both players went down at the same time.

As for ronaldo, he needs to go find his center of gravity, he fell over as soon as any body came neer him for most of the match unless he was in the middle of an attack. Discrasefull match for BOTH sides.

Viera just pushed keane out of his way after the incedent, he is not a god or anything.

All bull****e aside it was a bad game and there is no love loss between either team.

if you actually watch it *again* this time open your eyes keane and viera were talking to each other what i meant was they would not go up to roy at the end of a match and start poking at him unless they want an early end to their career

Originally posted by The Muppet
    My apologies Makaveli I Mis read your post.

No worries. :)
    he made a clumsy jump for the ball yes **** happens you don't start kicking out at a player

Yes, and I already said that he was wrong to do it and had to go. The fact is RVN is not the little saint you are making him out to be.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I thought youi ment kick out at him, but even so it did watch the replay of the events over and over and it think there is more than one guilty party.

• Advertisement

they would not go up to roy at the end of a match and start poking at him unless they want an early end to their career

Thats for Sure. I dont think we,ve hard the last of the after match events. I sa Alan Smith say he thinks the Arsenal will be in big trouble and that their actions were indefenceable.

I though fergies comments were spot on and was delighted to see Wengers Eyesight is Improving.

What did Fergie say? I switched it off after the fracas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

arsenal were an absolute disgrace. behaviour was bloody awful. keown is a complete fool for taunting van after he missed the peno. parlour and co pushed him after the final whistle gone. disgraceful.

van nistlerooy is the absoute model pro for not reacting. he kept his head down and ran into the tunnel. no player should have to endure that.

awww boo-hoo poor him, what about his behaviour in getting one of his fellow professional sent off ? something like that was bound to happen one day

anyway hilarious to watch all the united fans behind the arsenal goal celebrating and singing before the penalty and then the look of shock when it smacked off the bar

great result for arsenal and back to the top of the league where we belong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

arsenal should be pulled up big time over this... they are nothing but a bunch of scumbags...

viera deserved to go... the kick was identical to the beckham incident in france '98... the RVN challenge was a bit over the top, but it was a ball in the air that he was going for, and committed a foul in the process.. viera, being an experienced player should have left it at this... but no... he has been hanging around with keown and parlour too much....

keown, lauren and toure were all involved in pushing and hitting RVN at the end and they should be punished to the full extent by the FA... a nice ban would do them good...

arsenal need to sort themselves out bigtime when it comes to their discipline.. i dont think any right minded arsenal fan could defend what happened on that pitch today.. a bloody disgrace...

i dont think any right minded arsenal fan

If such an animal exists.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOL this is hilarious :) ,i just knew id have to pop on here after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by smemon

van nistlerooy is the absoute model pro for not reacting.

Pitty he can't take penalties hey! then he really would be a model pro.

Lads The game bolied over Veira's second booking was deserved but Ruud did make the most of it and he jump in at him.

My problem lies with the way the Ref handled the game he lost control alltogether, Veira's first booking which was harsh spaked the fire that followed.

Veria kicked out but didn't get him so a yellow for intent was just, but don't tell me others players haven't in the past or will again react to a player like Veira did.

This used to be a mans game but its gone to a game of handbags now.

The Arsenal players were wrong to have a go at Ruud but there was a lot of pushing going on by BOTH sides after the sending off which I think on closer inspection shows worse than the few pushes that Ruud got.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by Third_Echelon
    arsenal should be pulled up big time over this... they are nothing but a bunch of scumbags...

viera deserved to go... the kick was identical to the beckham incident in france '98... the RVN challenge was a bit over the top, but it was a ball in the air that he was going for, and committed a foul in the process.. viera, being an experienced player should have left it at this... but no... he has been hanging around with keown and parlour too much....

keown, lauren and toure were all involved in pushing and hitting RVN at the end and they should be punished to the full extent by the FA... a nice ban would do them good...

arsenal need to sort themselves out bigtime when it comes to their discipline.. i dont think any right minded arsenal fan could defend what happened on that pitch today.. a bloody disgrace...

eh same as 98 but they didnt make contact right
    and who hit rvn???

stop spinning things you sound like the new labour!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

*To the backdrop of a wall of flames* :p

A pretty crappy game which was surprising only to be livened up by the fun that happened at the end. RVN did seem to go a bit OTT in his leap but *** it wasnt that bad. Viera , god knws what he was thinking kicking out like that and he had to go for it. The penalty Keown did seem to make some contact with him but there wasnt any good replay to show it upclose. Was surprised that RVN missed the penalty then again half an inch lower it would have burst the net. A draw I voted for the in poll in the other thread and right I was (just about :) ) The antics at the end of the game were hilarious and I can see there being some "investigation" into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Originally posted by jank
    eh same as 98 but they didnt make contact right
    and who hit rvn???

stop spinning things you sound like the new labour!!

i was talking about the situation rather than the fact that beckham made contact and viera didnt...

Originally posted by jank My problem lies with the way the Ref handled the game he lost control alltogether, Veira's first booking which was harsh spaked the fire that followed

the first yellow was for an acumulation of 3 fouls, not just the incident he got the booking on... if you see the highlights again he pointed out to him that it was for 3 fouls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Nauseating.

No u said "IDENTICAL" look it up in the dictionary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Third_Echelon

the first yellow was for an acumulation of 3 fouls, not just the incident he got the booking on... if you see the highlights again he pointed out to him that it was for 3 fouls...

I wrote that not jank,

The other fouls were nothing tackles, if you wanna plead that one Keane fouled a lot after his booking didn't see him getting another booking.

By the way I'm a Villa fan so I'm not on anyone's side I just hate seeing refs ruin games and make it a game for Pussies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by mike65

Mike.

You would think lol..... Not as if it was an important match anyway... :p

How tactful and unbiased... A bit of calm and less name calling would be nice, its all well and good criticising footballers playing in front of 60,000 that loose there cool, sorta pointless when were all insutling each other like.. The voice of calm :D

Originally posted by mike65

Mike.

Every single Arsenal player that misbehaved at the end of the match should get charged for something, it was disgraceful hehavious and was made even worse by the fact the match had ended.

All the fuss over the sending off is ridiculous. Vierra deserved to get sent off and their is no one that can suggest otherwise. As for Ruud, he is a little **** bag and is always involved in some sort of controversy. Hopefully the abuse he got after the match will encourage him to stop being such a faker and actually stick to what he is best at, scoring goals. To say the fella is a saint and to criticise Keown for taunting him afterwards is laughable, it had to happen to Ruud sometime and I am sure there has been occassions where he has done the same. By the way, did anyone see the sly smile he gave to one of the United players after the frucas over the sending off had died down... Not the face of an innocent man me say...

van nistelrooy fell all over the place
    I dont remember him falling anywhere ***, or if he did it musnt have been that often seeing as i dont recall it.

In the words of the commentator, "he looked as if a king cobra is after spitting in his face". He has every right to avoid Vierra's kick, he didnt have to dance around like a fool for another 2 or 3 seconds.

Regarding the whole frucas at the end, United used to be famous for this and Keane was always at the front shouting at the ref with eyes bulding and veins about to pop.

Arsenal need to sort out their discipline ***. I felt so sorry for Ruud. The look of depression on his face and the Arsenal scum arround him. Bah, **** be Arsenal players sometimes.

Depressed my backside, that was a look of guilt or regret. The man will loose even more of the respect his fellow professionals had for him and he knows it... and if it was not guilt, he looked scared..

van didn't go near him
    I dont know whether or not he intended it or not, but there was certainly contact there. Fair enough, he was always going to land on him but Vierra wasnt to know that. Ruud is considered to be one of the biggest cheats by some and Vierra probably felt he meant it. all hear say, he deserved the yellow for the clumsiness of the whole thing..

And whoever said you are more worried about Chelsea is an idiot. Arsenal have been your main opposition for the past 5 years and have beating ya on occassions. I think its a great idea to not worry about them, why dont ye forget about Liverpool as well..... God what rubbish

Keane has a very good game as a whole and was well in control of himself, unlike Vierra we all say.. The only effect he had on the whole sending off was a positive one, he clearly managed to calm Vierra down and I think it says alot about Vierra that he was willing to listen to Keane considering the history they have had...

On a sidenote, exactly how obsessed are United with Liverpool? They're playing Arsenal in a game that, if they win, they'll go to the top of the league and what are they singing? "If you all hate scousers clap your hands" and "Build a bonfire, put the scousers on top."
    If the previous idiot was there, he would have been signing Chelsea songs... Its all a bit funny really...

arsenal need to sort themselves out bigtime when it comes to their discipline.. i

Agreed, they need to sort themselves out...

i dont think any right minded arsenal fan could defend what happened on that pitch today.. a bloody disgrace...

I reckon most Arsenal fans would be delighted with it, finally some balls. Shame it had to happen.

just heard that some manc scum attacked arsenal fans after they left the ground
    suppose the fa are going to look into this!!!

maybe we should be talking about this rather then a small push on horseface

• Advertisement
Advertisement