Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man U v Arsenal

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

As usual, its smemon leading the fray against Arsenal

I think this tim it the rest of football against arsenal. well the unbiased ones anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    well he did climb all over his back and totally miss timed his jump. :p

Van the Man hasnt been playing too good recently :(
    Guess he's in doing an Owen from last season :p

lol, RVN wil score a lot of goals, im sure. Probly more than Henry in the Champions league as Arsenal r crap when it cums to europe. And i suport arsenal and i cudnt bear that 3-0 defeat to a team with one of the worst attacking displays.

I hope Arsenal get fined and maybe even deducted points for bringing the game into disrepurte. It wasn't even during the game it was AFTER.

How could they bring the game in disrepute if it was over?

How could they bring the game in disrepute if it was over?

The game referred to in this statement is Soccer. Suprised a soccer fan wouln't know this.:confused:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Im still not convinved he over reacted. When someone has tried to do something similar to me i reacted in exactly the same way. Pull ur stomach in (and the dangly bits ;) ) and jump back, then look around to see if the ref saw it. I've seen friends of mine actually jump back further than that (and no during rugby this is quite acommon thing so no sendings off and stuff). Maybe its just me but i think he reacted like most people would. No one likes to be kicked. (or even attempted to be kicked)
    Thats what I thought of it. If Ruud really was looking for him to be sent off he would have walked towards Vieira and then jumped on the ground, which he didn't do and hasn't done for some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

in the interest of balance...

I don't think Van Horse over reacted either. He reflexively jumped backwards to avoid the kick - he didn't have the time to know if it would hit him or not...

It was turning around to the ref with his hands held wide that maybe wasn't so cool, but in fairness I reckon 98% of players would do that - the other 2% would have stomped Vieira!!!

Still - you all know which side my bread is buttered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I have not seeen Nevilles alledged punch either. has anyone actually seen it?

i saw what looked like Fortune throw a dig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

How long are the FA expected to take over their deliberations? (not that it will solve any arguments considering their vendetta against arsenal:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And viera was totally unprovoked obviously:rolleyes: He had a knee stuck in his back, there was never a chance to that he was going to get the ball and he allegedly tried to stamp him on the way down , granted I have not seen it from that angle. I know that Viera overreacted afterwards and deserved to go off, but while everybody is praising RVN here they are missing the fact that he initiated alot of the bad reactions by provoking Viera in such a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    And viera was totally unprovoked obviously:rolleyes: He had a knee stuck in his back, there was never a chance to that he was going to get the ball and he allegedly tried to stamp him on the way down , granted I have not seen it from that angle. I know that Viera overreacted afterwards and deserved to go off, but while everybody is praising RVN here they are missing the fact that he initiated alot of the bad reactions by provoking Viera in such a way.

Would ye stop ffs. Yes he jumped on his back, you see that kind of play every week, Mark Hughes was amazing at it and got away with it too ;) - No-one other than Viera claimed that he tried to stamp on him. Have a look at the incident, theres no way he tried to stamp on him, he jumped on his back - landed about 2 feet away - how could he have attempted to stamp on him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Poste by Sykeirl

Which Utd fan said ruud actions were disgraceful as i have not seen this post?
    If thats directed at me I am and I also condem Ruud for his exaggerated actions if your interested.
    RVN IMO exaggerated his reactions and that was unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Viera was a clown fo the way he reacted to what was a minor incident . He had to go for swiniging the leg end of story . The rest of the muppets where out of order after the match, but there plonker of a manager keeps saying there being punished for being Aresnal boll*x . Pirez dived a week before one of the biggest cheats around is sitting in there ranks they should take a good look at themselves before they start saying there being picked on the big blouses .

Originally posted by rocco
    Viera was a clown fo the way he reacted to what was a minor incident . He had to go for swiniging the leg end of story . The rest of the muppets where out of order after the match, but there plonker of a manager keeps saying there being punished for being Aresnal boll*x . Pirez dived a week before one of the biggest cheats around is sitting in there ranks they should take a good look at themselves before they start saying there being picked on the big blouses .
    Is this the reincarnation of UbahOne?

Sykeirl

I have adrees this in the horse face thread . I have,t time at the moment to repost but if you want i will do so later.

Sorry for any Confusion , I dont know why 2 threas on the same issue was started any way.

Sorry for any Confusion , I dont know why 2 threas on the same issue was started any way.
    tis confusing the hell out of me, the other thread has gone completly off track. Should be just about reasons for hating rvn, looking like a horse and diving and such:D

tis confusing the hell out of me, the other thread has gone completly off track.

Think your confuse now? Wait until i start my "I F**king hate that blind Frogface" Thread . Now that'll be confusion.:D

Think your confuse now? Wait until i start my "I F**king hate that blind Frogface" Thread . Now that'll be confusion.:D
    LOL, I'll look forward to that one. Don't think he's blind just think he's usually looking in the wrong direction. Added to that he may have poor peripheral vision/ good blinkers:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

arsenal are the bad boys, liverpool are the boring boys and utd just get slagged because of jealousy. thats the way i see it.

rarely do utd get involved in aftermatch scrums or on the field bust ups. their one of the cleanest sides in the league. they cant be accused of playing boring matches either so what is it that makes utd so hated??

their success? its the only reason people have to hate them. if that was duff playing against vieira and missing a penalty and behaving superbly noone would critizise him, not in here anyway.

at least i have a reason to hate ars and pool, their dirty and boring.

Originally posted by smemon
    arsenal are the bad boys, liverpool are the boring boys and utd just get slagged because of jealousy. thats the way i see it.

rarely do utd get involved in aftermatch scrums or on the field bust ups. their one of the cleanest sides in the league. they cant be accused of playing boring matches either so what is it that makes utd so hated??

their success? its the only reason people have to hate them. if that was duff playing against vieira and missing a penalty and behaving superbly noone would critizise him, not in here anyway.

at least i have a reason to hate ars and pool, their dirty and boring.
    It's people like you that make me hate united, don't change - i need a focus in my life as a football supporter

The game referred to in this statement is Soccer. Suprised a soccer fan wouln't know this.:confused:

U really r a muppet

• Advertisement
Advertisement