Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quakefest'99 Ep I

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

build more supply depots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

what about custom crosshairs? smile.gif
    hmm
    maybe a version of Small-Quake could be set up for the event, with the required maps, (more than the ones that are in it now) and that.....

either that or u install base quake and dont let anyone touch it smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

no cfg's they're evil and cheat filled smile.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Im there !!!!
    Go on Ray you mad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep Count me in Ray.

As far as peoples configs I think they should just change them on the machines on the day. No config d/led from the web and no configs on disk.

Also if you need anything Ray let me know.

All the best,

Paul aka Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The problem with the CFG's that was a problem numerous times before is that the people setting up the machines tend to have the full cofigs ready and able while the rest have to program like crazy and lose a lot of what they would set up.

If there is going to be a massive lead time, everyone should post thier script AS TEXT to one of the boards and just cut and paste it off, copy them onto a disk. Or if people are going to have multiple CFG's mail them to someone.

Last time I checked it is physically impossible to get a virus from a CFG file.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

ok to bring some of yahs back to the good auld days, i say No i repeat No CFG'S, all the pc's are the same PII 400's. You will have no floppy drive, and you will have 1 1/2 hour to set your pc up. i Will be posting rules as to the weekend in question and wont be having any big meeting re who wants what and where and why not etc etc.

Hope that sorts out some of the questions ...more to come!

Ray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Fair eneogh

I just wanted to clear that up.

EL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭MikeS

Hi again,

Ray can ya mail me again in regards to FOOD! smile.gif Also for fear of getting the lil kid 'KILLED' can ya make sure Daa is not around. Forgive me if im wrong but looking at the ppl that replied ide say at leist 80+ % of them dont want him around. Like i said if im wrong SHOOT ME! tongue.gif

MikeS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Isn't he barred from attending any events anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Just a quick q.

What will and what will not be allowed as regards hacked models fullbrights etc. With all machines being supplied it would be posible to have a "no cheating" LAN. I'm not saying im in favour of this ( I happen to like fullbrights etc.) but it would be nice to know in advance what will and what won't be allowed.

El

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

me go, unless its in the middle of my exams (theyre on end-of-august)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭MikeS

Awww Koopa sad.gif

No Cheats allowed! what ya gonna do ?....GET KILED!!! hehehhee smile.gif

MikeS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

cool

I remember typing my cfg in at the console at quakefest...

name Bunny
    color 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

listen ray if u need any help from me.....mind u i doubt it......but if u do ne'er a boddur i'll be about like

take her handy

goo laa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

listen ray if u need any help from me.....mind u i doubt it......but if u do ne'er a boddur i'll be about like

take her handy

goo laa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

count me in please if its towards the end of august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

there

Advertisement