Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSD CHEAT IN IQ2CL-NEWS AT 11

Options
  • 07-06-1999 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Ssshhhh don't tell anyone and we'll get away with it. smile.gif I guess they weren't expecting the logs being readable.

http://cloud.ign.ie/quake/current.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

haha.....neither team was going to finish any where anyway it made no difference.....i wanted to play quake2.....and anyway neither team had 3 players(read the leauge rules) so the match should have been postponed anyway....
    see the care oh my face......oh wait there actually isn't any.....

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

so why did you jsut post? smile.gif..

Ro.

and as for me not wanting the logs to be readable...i didn't care less as i could have just of easily ICQ'd the two lads.....or told them to go to IRC......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

You think because it was one of the last games that it was okay to cheat?

Were you going to tell us you cheated?

I think not.

i don't care ,take ye're points kick LsD from the leauge....or what ever.....i ment to pull LsD out of the leauge after all the UL lads went home for the Summer...i forgot to mail shank tho'.......

• Advertisement

And DF?

what about DF?
    nothing to do with them......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

SHOCK HORROR GASP!!!!!

PAUL HOW COULD YOU!!!!!

Cheez hangs head in shame

if i knew it was going to cause this much hassle i wouldn't have done it ffs....i remeber a game last season on the IQ2CL GI played pred who wasn't reggged.....we lost and no one listen to us???......but GI always play by the rules isn't that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, since neither team had enough players why dont yis just have a rematch?

[This message has been edited by [DF]Pebble (edited 07-06-99).]

[This message has been edited by WhiteWashMan (edited 07-06-99).]

• Advertisement

At least he was in our clan! There's cheating and there's not knowing the rules, we didn't know about that at the time and I think we agreed to a rematch.
    Still on IQ2CL, sadly someone noticed that Predator wasnt listed on the IQ2CL page as an active member of our squad - but McGin being the sound bloke that he is opted for a rematch! So we're beating playing Scream again at the end of the first season. Sound. smile.gif

Why wasn't that suggested instead of playing with invalid players then? If you'd just been honest and asked for that we would have agreed, but instead you decided to cheat and try and beat the "****e" GI.

Well you picked the wrong people to mess with lads, would have been fine if you had gotten away with it, but you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Scream wha ? wink.gif McWho ? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by TinCool (edited 07-06-99).]

This rematch did in fact never take place...showing GI infact do not live up to their empty promises....tsk.....

ahh f*ck it. just chuck lsd out of the league. not much you can complain about me as i have never played a clan match in my life, so ive never played in the irish q2 league.
    me and krash were takin the p1ss. erm, if you tread the logs it looks like the gi boys were takin the p1ss as well.
    i seriously dont think there is any big deal. i only wanted to play a game. everyone on war2 at the time knew we were doing it. it wasnt 'hidden'. theres no big conspiracy. corse, as far as im concerned, the whole problem lies on sherons shoulders as the muppet who allowed us to 'play' as his 'team-members'. i wouldnt know a league rule if it railed me from behind. if i ever get a game for DF then i will become more knowlegable on the subject.
    i apolagise if this has upset. it was meant in the spirit of fun. anyone who knows me will know i wouldnt do that sort of thing maliciously. if it will make you feel better i will step down from any future clan games (in ireland) for next season. on the other hand. its only a game. try not to get too out of sorts over the whole thing.
    eamon

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

****ing, cheaters. the lowest of the low, pure scum {!}

i respect wwmans choice....but im not going to do anything so drastic.....because...i don't actually care....it was only a laugh....i just wanted to play quake2....
    as far as im concerened this issue should end now......

You see KinDreD, there's a wee bit of a difference here. We only found out about that rule afterwards (Predator was listed on our clan page but was not listed on the IQ2CL site), and GI agreed to the rematch proposed with McGin. If we had weaseled out of it, fair enough, but it just never took place. Ask and you shall receive.

Now, you deliberately told players beforehand to pretend to be in LSD.

Of course, when you got to the server, you knew full well that two GI players with 400+ pings would be no match for 3 relatively low pinging "LSD" people, and you were oh so generous in letting us play in the game when you said:
    [LsD]Gomez: u need 3 per side yeh ? so we get an official
    [LsD]Gomez: win rite
    [HIV]CastorTroy: off yis go then, ready up
    [LsD]KinDreD: nah we'll play
    [LsD]KinDreD: f*ck it like

which was really most kind, considering you only had one real LSD player anyway. And KrAsH, GI are not the most skilled Q2 clan around, but it's easy to say:
    [LsD]Gomez: ooo GI are sh!te arent they

when you've got players from two clans to pick from. Like LSD, it's a big effort for GI to get four, three, or even two players onto the server with UK/US connections being the way they are, so when we manage to get a team together, we don't want to be cheated against. I just have to wonder how many other games DF and LSD and God knows who else have been cheating in so far.

The main thing here (at least WWMan is sorry for cheating) is that you really don't give a flying f*ck about the rules, the IQ2CL or anyone else because otherwise you would have apologised by now instead of trying to sweep this under the carpet like a guilty little boy.

Cloud-Warrior's Quake Page
    browse.to/quake/

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 07-06-99).]

yep good point cloud. how many of the other matches have had cheating other clan members on their side.

but....
    like i said. whatever went on last night, there was never any casen of secrecy etc. thge people on q2war2 knew and so did the people on irc afterwards coz we told em. hardly the actions of hard-core cheaters. you are blowing the whole thing out of preportion. settle for a rematch john. lets face it, it will end up baing sher on his own anyway . surely you dont fear him that much wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Just one point here, I know WWMan and he's a funny bastid and I know that he wouldn't have done that out of any kind of spite or to cheat, he just did it for the laugh cos thats the way he is.

• Advertisement

Well you certainly weren't very secretive WWMan, changing to LSD-HeadCase on Q2WAR2 like that in front of Spoonman etc., so you obviously thought it was a laugh (and not taking part in the league, why would you care), but my main anger is directed at KinDreD and KrAsH -

Is this the way we want to play our leagues? Is it okay to just cheat away when they are nearing the end? Would anyone have cared if I said nothing or hadn't found out at all? Would we all prefer if the nasty problems just went away? Perhaps we should just bring back some FFA servers instead of War servers because it would be more fun wouldn't it?

Don't take the easy solution out because the same will happen next season unless it's dealt with now. Down with the muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

I've said it once and I'll sya it again,

Ohhhhhhhhhh GIVE it to me Daveeeeeeeeey

yea and cloud if you read the logs i said it on the public server with all the god fathers present about "pretending to be in LsD" let it lie ffs......

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Quote:
    Two words to DF and LSD clan members (KinDreD take note) - cheating sucks

It had nothing to do with me, or DF, Cloud. I was in the pub smile.gif If RookieWan or I had known about this, we wouldn't have let it happen, I can assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

was caster who saw, was shank there???

chill kind, stop acting like , oh I was only messin just cause you was caught...

Ro.

I think i should be shot......i would like to play the same two GI players on the same level etc....ye can have ye're 3 points win loose or draw...just for the laff..it could be like that peace international footy game a few weeks back.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

ho hum. eamo what were you thinking? like major *DUH* time.

GI are right to be annoyed as they got whitewashed (excuse the pun) in the league due to this. neither clan had the correct number of players so its a default for both or somthing or a rematch. but LSD ain't got a clan no more....so .... mail shank smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Yeah cos I don't have enough problems atm smile.gif

bstep@tinet.ie
    q2n.quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I have ONE thing to say.

LIZARDS!

Keg(yes i'm on drugs)ser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

not gonna name names but this has happened quite a few times in this league and the last one in summer 98, players pretending to be in the clan. Irish clans have, on occasion fielded unlisted players in the UK leagues aswell. Face it, it happens, this was just a blatant example....frankly im em...shocked (yeh thats the word smile.gif

Advertisement