Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The driver nv4_disp for the display device

Options
  • 21-09-2003 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

Any one heard of a fix for this. A friend of mine is getting this on boot. The display goes black after the XP pro boot screen before the logon dialog is displayed.

Seems to have been a common issue on the net, but no real answers that I can find anyway.

Generally it seems to happen with AMD/NVidia/XP systems.
    Here's the spec:

AMD Athlon 1400 mhz
    MSI 6330 mb with Via chipset.
    Creative Labs Ti 4800i
    XP pro sp1 with all latest patches includeding directx 9.0b
    768mb 133mhz sd-ram

What I've tried so far:
    Swapped out motherboard for different model with same cpu and ram.
    When the g/card is replaced with a TNT2 based one the problem doesn't occur, but it does happen with a nvidia G3 ti200. Gotten latest 4in1 drivers from Via. Latest detonator drivers.

Personally if this guy wasn't a mate I'd have beaten him to death by slamming the case against the side of their head until the blood ran clear by now, it's that annoying.

Please help before man bites pc.

Cheers,
    amp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

No? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Can he get in in safe mode?

Sounds like the refresh rate might be set too high. Set it to 60Hz or something and see what it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

That's what I initially thought, but I set it to 60hz in safe mode and when it tries to get into normal mode the screen goes black, followed by a flash of a white stripe and then sticks there until eventually the login screen appears with that error message.

The screen is then in 16 color 640x480, and I can then login.

Before updating it to all the latest patches (thank god for safe mode with networking) it wouldn't even do the above, it'd just stay on the black screen until a cold reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Have you tried the updated creative drivers for this graphics card?Why not boot so with the tnt in .remove latest detonator drivers,set vga to standard vga,reboot,shutdown,put inproblem card reboot and reinstall creative driver?perphaps this may solve it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Try install Win2K.

• Advertisement
Advertisement