Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypermart cancled my hacking / cheating site

Options
  • 08-06-1999 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Dear Hypermart User:

It has recently came to our attention that you have
    been in violation of our Terms of Service,
    found at http://www.hypermart.net/general/tos.html.

Account Name: cheats
    Reason: spamming newsgroups

It is for the above reason that we have been forced to schedule
    the removal of your account cheats from our servers. It will be
    removed within 48 hours.

We realize this is an inconvenience for you; however, in order for
    Hypermart to continue to exist, we must strictly adhere to the
    terms to which you agreed when signing up for this account.
    At present, your site is being restricted by our servers. We have not
    deleted your site, but instead have blocked customers on the Web from
    reaching it.

If, after revisiting our Terms of Service, you believe the action we
    have taken is in error, please contact us at problems@hypermart.net
    with your Hypermart user name and the reason you feel we have made a
    mistake. We will be happy to discuss this issue with you. Our goal is
    to continue to provide our customers with the best possible service
    we can. By enforcing our Terms of Service, we can continue reaching this
    goal. As stated above, if you feel that we have made a mistake, please contact
    us. We will do everything we can to resolve the issue in timely manner.

Regards,

Hypermart Abuse Team

So much for that page, for the time being it will remain down till I resolve things with Hypermart.

Neo
    ne0@hehe.com
    cheats.hypermart.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmmm whats the point putting a link to your page now smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

the Words
    HAA HAA
    come to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hay, he was only providing a service to a small part of the quake community.

be nice

btw, any cheats for that muppet tribes game so i can log on and annoy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

ahh poor eamo, no more hacked pak files for you smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sure who do you think supplied most of em?
    anyway, theres nothing wrong wi my hacked paks that you couldnt do yerself smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hey, I just noticed... he's now spamming with his message telling him not to spam smile.gif I wonder what Netcoms TOS is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

hehe

We hate cheats in tribes more than anyone.

Therefore Scott Youngblood (Tribes John Carmack) is in constant communication with the major indy sites for bugs (ie [EM]Brit smile.gif) and every possible cheat found so far has been removed in a small patch released weeks at the most after the cheat was discovered.

Therefore there are no big cheats for tribes.

Because of the way tribes works aim bots are imopssible to do (well really really really impractical but I'm sure some geek somewhere can do it)

So soz no cheaters in tribes (apart from ski-ing and nifty scripting of course but lets not ignite that touch paper)

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

bunch of spoilsports at Dynamix :p...

Just change teams and shoot up thier stuff. Had one muppet one time claiming he was a double agent for the other team, and got a bit upset when he everyone started telling him to **** off.

speaking of tribes, what about this mortar aiming help thing? heard about this at the weekend so is this commonly used?

• Advertisement

I presume its the mortar HUD you speak of.

I dont like it but some people do, best advice is to just go out and try it.

http://www.planet-tribes.com/sitecore/reviews/hrf.htm

reviews all available HUD's and gives you a download URL for each of them too.

Give myself or shinji a shout on #tribes.ie and we'll give you a hand (if needed) in installing and setting it up.

(which is easy enuf anyway)

Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

The one I saw which isn't listed there, was an lead in aim.

You know the way you get 2 crosshairs in a combat plane, one facing forwards and the other pointing to where to shoot to hit the selected target. It was like that. You selected your target from the map and the crosshair did the rest. There was also a Mortor lock as well, which automatically pulled your crosshair onto a painted/selected target by pressing a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Like I said : No Cheaters!

nocheatb.jpg

The Campain Continues..

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 08-06-99).]

thats an aimbot vagga smile.gif its not nice and i would'nt use it. anyways i hate heavys, unless i'm on point blank defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's not an aimbot really, it's a different crosshair more than anything else.

I think altered HUDs are perfectly acceptable in Tribes, like the SnipeHUD which gives you a little sniper zoomed-in window and crosshair in the bottom right. It's not a cheat - it's all done with CS scripts - it's just using the technology available to you.

Mata ne!
    Rob

Actually it is a cheat. Adenfreak had a big argument about this (She said it wasn't cheating if you could program a script to autoaim), as unlike Quake the clever lads at Dynamix did most of the processing client side (which is a big no no). So if your using the argument that you can do it with scripts, you can do oodles of things with scripts in tribes, a heck of a lot more then you could in Quake.

If it is possible I have'ent seen much Hobbes.

Surely if the game supports scripting, then if you can script it then do it.

Argue all you want, tribes does not support aim bots,

BTW use the said HUD, It does not work properly, it was all theory and no practice.

Cowboy gave it a shot I herd, and it was un relyable, ie did not work proper

Electric Mayhem
    www.planet-tribes.com/em
    www.tribesplayers.co.uk

ROFL cheeky.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 neo

shinji, so what your saying is, clear walls, hacked backs, auto aiming, etc etc etc, isn't cheating because I used the technology available to make them? I find that a bit confusing.

heres my opinion about cheating, If its something that you add to your quake that helps you, and isn't readily available to all players when they install the game, it's a cheat.

Perhaps you think otherwise, but thats how I view it.

Also, im glad you guys get a kick out of my site being cancled and all smile.gif, there is no need to go into netcoms TOS, smile.gif, Dont plan on hearing too much more about my site.. smile.gif.

Neo

Vagga, if you can aim manually it is possible to have an aim bot. I've seen an auto-mortor lock, while not an aimbot it is detecting the paint triangle and locking your view into position.

As I said, most stuff in Tribes is done client side, which is why it is possible to do a heck of a lot more which would be regarded as cheating.

It is possible to write a script which will display everything on the map (enemy locations and objects). Would this be classed as cheating?

Actaully one fun kind of cheating is if your running the server in edit mode, you can edit the map real time. So you can pick people up and smack them against walls while they are playing or move buildings around. While some of it would be dossing, it might make for intresting games if there was a impatial ref causing problems for the players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement