Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Hub membership info needed..

Options
  • 22-09-2003 3:57am

Ok my first day is on Tuesday, just wondering when I can register for the pub. Do I need to get some sort of membership card or sumthing first? Or do I just sign up and then use any identification I have on me?

Comments

Nevermind I found the info I needed buried away in the disgracefully designed DCU homepage.

Apparently you join the bar at registration.

O shít I just realised that I don't register until Thursday!!!

What can I do on Tuesday and Wednesday?? Will the pub accept an id??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sod

relax mate, the pubs in DCU are ****e, they'll probably take yer ordinary ID til you're sorted out but who cares, just go across the road to Matt Weldons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

first day today, aslong as you have some sort of id your sorted!!

the old bar is nice, the new ones are fairly crap!

plenty a pubs around anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

You could always get someone you know to sign you in if they've already registered.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Originally posted by VinnyL

the old bar is nice, the new ones are fairly crap!

plenty a pubs around anyway!

Are you sure you didn't get lost in UL maybe?

The Old bar is a bit of a dive and has changed very little in the last 5 years or so. The New BAR is more fo a cafe type thing. The serve food etc.

Where did you find more than 1 new bar?! I'd be interested to check out these other new bars that I've never seen in all my time in DCU. :)

UL have a sweeet student centre by the way. Puts ours to shame.

Any bar no matter how "snazzy" or beautifully crafted is going to be shite if there's not a good atmasphere! It's the people who make the nights/mornings in the bar good not the interior design.

Ah no... You're not seriously calling that thing in the Helix a bar?

Don't think us students are welcome in there!! :p

It's a strange place. Not open very often either-only show times afaik.

Yeah you've got a point but I like a bar that's easy on the eyes. I think the DCU bar is very dark and dull inside.

I'm not saying ya can't have good crack in there. That's not true at all. I've had many a good time in there.

Can I just ask then, what attempts have you made to change that?

• Advertisement

What exactly is it that I should try to change?

The bar? Meh.. The bar serves it's purpose. I'm just on a bit of a rant for some reason! :p The new bar is bright enuf etc it's not got an atmosphere though.

The old bar would probably go the way of the new bar if anything much were done to it. Ah I dunno. Or care particularly. I'm not he most regular user of DCU's alholol facilities! ;)

I was just a little annoyed that you're ranting about something that could quite possibly be changed if you voiced your opinions about them to the relevant authorities. Last year I had heard all sorts of stuff from past pupils and second/third years in DCU and went in with pre conceived ideas which I resent now as they do impact on what you're prepared to make of the place. I think you should let the freshers make up their own minds.

Well if you're talking about DCU in general I'll say one thing...

There's no place I'd rather be!!

I Love DCU with a passion. I wouldn't trade it for a place in any other college ever. I've always loved DCU. Every since I did those little kiddie courses there etc.

If I whinge about a bar it's because I don't really like bars in general. Reason I like the new bar is cause it doesn't look like a bar. It looks a lot more like a cafe.

Get me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Have to say workign here 2 years, the bar here on campus is nice. Nearly always a pool table available :)

Must say that I like the couches upstairs in the Hub. Did they get rid of those 2 pool tables or just move them?

Yeah pool's always a good laugh. Especially in a Tux! hehehe...

Advertisement