Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q1 : Clean up yer f_versions

Options
  • 04-06-1999 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Lads,
    Due to the easily found cheats on Neo's page, we're gonna have to tighten up the control.
    Anyone who's still has that illegal/player model, fix it.
    Anyone who replies to f_version with : "qwcl started separately" fix it by:
    Starting QWCL.exe with cheapo, so that cheapo can check yer models and yer qwcl.exe for modifications. Use this command :
    C:\quake\cheapo.exe -p 25111 :\quake\qwcl.exe
    Change the directories as necessary.
    The -p is just the port.
    This'll start cheapo, start qwcl and connect to cheapo.

Cheaters beware.

Mickah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

I can't make shortcuts on my pc.

So I can't but I don't cheat anyway {!}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

ste use

start -> run -> C:\quake\cheapo.exe C:\quake\qwcl

etc etc smile.gif

good idea mick

my start button is broke

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Any idea how to do that with Qizmo?

I think its a good idea, we have to be careful about cheaters. Of course when it comes to a lan you are in trouble if you ARE a cheater.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Dev,
    As far as I know qizmo checks yer qwcl.exe and mdls no matter what way u connect to it, so u're sorted.

Cheapo is were most of the problems are at.

Mickah

• Advertisement

Are NO cheats allowd, I know a few Jo's who've a few changed mdl's, and I remeber once reading here that loike some gear is alright, could u tell us exactly wahts banned, is even ur homemade crosshair banned ?

like come on loike bejaysus loike {!}

ps. I don't cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

How the hell do you break your start button ?

devon

C:\quake\qizmo -p 27666 C:\quake\qwcl

etc etc

in qizmo make sure u select in the options "allow f_modified" or ur screwed again, but its grand.

only fps should be allowed, thats about 4/5 models max....

> How the hell do you break your start button ?

My brother spilt some *honey* on it and now its stuck soild, it won't budge {!}

emm ste
    u can spil honey INSIDE THE OPERATING SYSTEM

ur a bit thick really...
    gwad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

lol, is this along the lines of those "where can i get an apple mac compatible mouse pad?" scenarios?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I agree totally with Mickah after the things we saw.. anyway like it or lump it Ste etc. I'll be doing my best to get this enforced in the near future, drastic measures are needed and I'm sure we'll have support in this from the people that matter. Looks like it's going to be a case of making ppl use a proxy to proove their innocence otherwise they'll be assumed guilty. Certainly any official clan games from here on in will demand this as all the UK leagues do already.

Blade

You still havn't answered my question, what goes and what doesn't ?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

IMHO Ste:
    Anything that improves your fps with giving you anything more then a minor advantage is acceptable:

Torches hacked,
    explosions to blood splats,
    rockets to grenades

What is NOT acceptable imho is things hacked to give you an advantage in the game.

All bright anythings except skins.
    Proxy pointing.
    Anything that aims/jumps/moves for you.
    Auto death reporting.
    Eyes Hacked.
    Player Model hacked.

If you want to ask about specific items feel free and I'll give you my opinion but its just that, my opinion. :/

DeV.

aye
    get the names of the 4 models, and get the admins to print em and stick em to the case of their machine tongue.giftongue.gif

only your opinion? dev what happened to the carboard/tinfoil throne? smile.gif

bah kids wink.gif

Well all I wanna know is waht goes and what doesn't, shurely a few things are allowd ?

no ?

i just dunno !

regards,
    ste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

There is a way you can set the servers up so when a person joins, it does a check like f_modified, and if its not happy, it wont let you on. I think its sorta like a map check or something similar. I think this would be a good thing to do on wars and duels.

nocheatb.jpg

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 07-06-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

get qizmo v2.8

type QIZMO.EXE -b <path to quake folder> <quake>\qwcl.exe

leave f_skins enabled so that ppl can check if you are using skins or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Dev,

the fps advantages are very slight with all this stuff - particularly if you have a 233+ processor speed.

I don't think blood splats and grenades can possibly be more acceptable than bright nails or laser shaft - they do the same thing. Oh - and fullbrites are horrible - if they are so acceptable how come they weren't allowed in the TGI..?

I'd say the easiest way is to go with the TGI /Fusion rules and ban everything bar possibly crosshairs and location proxies in lan compo's. May as well stick with international trends.

no ste

he said no skins
    i play too much winquake so that suits me anyway smile.gif

i like my crosshair tho! smile.gif
    its small n white, nothing evil!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Sep what I say counts for exactly jack schitt thankfully. Those were the tgi rules afaik and also were the rules in euroquake, fusion and most other bigname lan compos. Why bother making up rules when someone else has done it for you.

Be a bit silly if ireland allowed fullbrites and all the international comps didn't and the myopic irish lads bummed out in every international compo they entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yea, t'would be like only ever playing on a LAN and then in competition you have to play on a slow connect internet game.

No matter how good you are by one set of rules, if you are forced to change the way you play (speed, vision, pointers etc.) you would HAVE to lose out a bit. Look at Koopa in France. He didn't have sound (now no shouting at me, I'm only going by what I read from the reports etc.) and did not do too well at the start of the duels.

If the Irish Quake scene is determined to play internationally then it should try to emulate the international standards using their own limits and advantages.

For example: Me with Aimbot and wall hacks and fullbright might (might mind) be able to play a good game against a good foreign player if he is using basic stuff. However, take away my 'cheats' and I'd be well and truly stomped. The cheats aren't making me a better player, their just making it easier for me to get one up on the other guy. Skill doesn't improve because it is relying on the added extras the other guy doesn't have.

/me runs for the asbestos suit.....

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Go back too werk you and stop ringing cyberx tongue.gif
    Mike is busy!!!
    wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 08-06-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

But work's BORING!!!!!..... sad.gif

I wanna harrass (in a non-sexual manner) Miiike...

Anyway, what are you doin there? Ya lazy git tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Lads lads calm...theres no cheaters on the irish gaming scene...its all above board honest fun.....:/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Lads, IMO, I think if we allow for any type of model change, even if it is a fps model advantage, were starting to make exceptions. If you make exceptions for that, then other things follow, and were back were we started from. Loose all fps, model, map hacks. If your good enuf, you wont need them at all, youll adjust and move on.

So the bright shaft is a no no?

But Skins and homemade crosshairs are allowd ?

yea?

Here eric buddy set up an Irish Quake Cheating Yoke and tell us wahts allowd and wahts not, and what about the advantages of GL quak,e I call that cheating {!}

Advertisement