Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload same file from different users how do i stop them overwriting

Options
  • 22-09-2003 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

Two problems, I am trying to setup a intranet page as attached but i am having problems

1. I want people to be able to upload a folder from their machine to my server but everyone will have the same folder name and so will overwrite each time any ideas on how to fix this

2. Also to stop confusion and have a cleaner process i want the users to click on an upload or a browse button and it will automatically select the folder and automatically upload it to my server

Any Ideas on thse....any help appreciated

Dwayne

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Check to see if the filename / foldername already exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

the thing is though that i need to get the same folder/file from approx 250 laptops and put into the same folder on my server.

How would i put a random filename e.g. uploadedfolder*** to differenitate from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

You could affix an incrementing variable (counter) to the end of each folder name once it's uploaded, e.g. folder-1, folder-2, folder-3 etc.

Can i do that automatically?

happy birthday nerd boy

• Advertisement
Advertisement