Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA Backlight question

Options
  • 22-09-2003 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

I've heard you can buy a backlight kit for the GBA (not SP). Does anyone have one of these things? Are they any good? Where can you get them? Do you really have to disassemble your GBA to put it in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

www.lik-sang.com sell them (they're called Afterburners). They're supposed to be pretty effective, but tricky to install (yes you have to take your GBA apart) and you have to be ultra-careful not to get anything on the screen while installing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Do you (or anyone) have one? I'd like to know before buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A friend of mine got one, and damaged his GBA doing the soldering! I think I'm just going to get a SP.....

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Installing an Afterburner is quite an undertaking, apparently.
    I was excited when I heard it was coming out, but chickened out when I heard it was a such big deal. I know you can send it to someone to get it done for you in the US; don't know about here.
    Check PA's take on it: http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-05-20&res=l

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

You could try this place in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

afterburner is relativly easy to install
    just 1 solder

however modifing the top plate to accept the thicker screenplate is the tricky part.

word of advice, invest in a compressed air can, and before you lay the screen down blow it with can.

the first afterburner we did had terrible dust problems.

Advertisement