Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arggh 39A Bus!

Options
  • 22-09-2003 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

As everyone is bitching about Public Transport, Dublin Bus have shot them selves in foot with their new 39A route. It used to avoid the Blanchardstown SC, Clonsilla Rd and Blanchardstown Village in the morning, cutting up to 30 minute off the journey that the 39 made. Now it goes through both the Shopping Centre and Village, what the point of the route now? Bloody stupid fecking buses, thats it, I'm going to buy a big dirty motorbike. Screw traffic and noisy school children on the morning bus.
    Why do they always make the route worse? IS it some form of sadism?

How about you, what has Dublin Bus done to f**k with you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

Dublin Bus Standard Operating Procedure:

"if it works and people are getting to work on time....... change it"

Call it a new route wack on a letter A and send it around the block a few times for the crack.........

its a game they play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah....same with the new timetable for the 39.... there are less buses going now between 6 and 7pm...i always get a bus home between a quarter past 6 and a quarter to 7 and they are already jammers...anyone working in shops will be looking to go home between 6-7 too! ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yea i don't think there's any difference between the 39A and the 39 any more.. I made the mistake of getting the 39 this morning.. 1 hour 25 mins from Josephs Hospital to Dame St :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

And does anyone have any explaination for the Shopping Centre Traffic the past two weekends. It takes more than 30 minutes for a bus to go through! Let us lay waste to Dublin Bus Route's Office. Fire and Sword style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Not really related to Dublin Bus but more to it's 'skulls' (what drivers call passengers) ;)

Anyone ever use the 130 from Abbey Street. People (stupid ones) queue on the cash side of the bus, all the way around the nearest building and up the street.

Well when the 130 arrives i walk over to the bus (i have a ticket) and get on board on the ticket side of the enterance. I have been called back by people on the odd ocasion, being told there is a queue, but the queuing system isn't offical, and it's stupid, as i could be behind 20 people with loose change only to find nobody with ticket to queue behind. Also this 'queuing system' doesn't exist on any other route, so im not going to start now.

Sorry if this isn't clear, but if you use the 130 Bus, you will know what i mean.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The 39 bus routes are and always will always be a nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

On Tuesday I got a 39 at 8am and was in town at 8:40....on Wednesday and Friday (today) i got one at 8am again and got in at a quarter past 9 both days. What's the story? the traffic from the maple centre to the quays is just a nightmare...it wasn't *always* as bad as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by bloggs
    Well when the 130 arrives i walk over to the bus (i have a ticket) and get on board on the ticket side of the enterance. I have been called back by people on the odd ocasion, being told there is a queue, but the queuing system isn't offical,

Seperate Queues for Cash and Pre-Paid tickets is (or was) offical Dublin Bus Policy when they first introduced One Person Operated Buses.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by bloggs
    Anyone ever use the 130 from Abbey Street. People (stupid ones) queue on the cash side of the bus, all the way around the nearest building and up the street.
    The 130 uses midi-busses (not mini-busses) doesn't it? If it was a mini-bus I would suggest a single queue be appropriate (as ticket holders can't board any quicker anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

RE Havelock
    How about you, what has Dublin Bus done to f**k with you?

Well, I live in Tallaght and work in Leixlip.

Now, to get the bus to Leixlip I must get 2 buses cos there are no buses from tallaght to this 'hole'(sorry, bit miffed today).

I had to get 76 from Square to Liffey Valley, via Clondalkin goin thru the lovely Newlands Cross.

Then get off opposite B&Q, walk across to Dual carriageway opposite Marks and Spencers(headin towards Lucan).

This is where I waited, cold and wet, for a WHOLE HOUR on the P*xy F***in 66, whilst waitin in my miserable cold and wet hell, about 7 'OUT OF SERVICE' buses sprayed me with their tormenting spray.

Took me 3 hrs to gt from Tallaght to Intel?????

I could have killed someone.
    I could not have been more pissed off if my family were killed in front of me and I had to live as sex slave to family of Knackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I could have killed someone. I could not have been more pissed off if my family were killed in front of me and I had to live as sex slave to family of Knackers.
    good news Ted?

:D

Advertisement