Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unforgiven: My mind hasn't forgiven me yet!

• 22-09-2003 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Oh dear lord!
    This PPV was so bloody bad it made Backlash look good! It was probably just my tiredness but it seemed like the HHH and Goldberg match only lasted ten minutes, with a very VERY poor finish!

The Michaels V Orton match was botched (between it's poor ending and Sky's transmission cutting out mid match).

The womens match went on forever. Lita looks well now that she's gotten rid of the implants (probably the best thing she could have done to take the weight off her back)

The only saving Grace was Shanes Van Terminator (kinda boring considering we saw this at Wrestlemania 2 years ago) and that sick SICK bump he took at the end of the match.

Very disappointing, and i feel sorry for any yank who forked out for this! This puppy stank up the joint!

Opinions?
    Nero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

it was ok i thought...better than backlash.
    i really enjoyed most the matches.

one think it lacked was dramatics.

the dive shane o mac took was absolutely awesome.

i enjoyed the coach/snow V JR/king... wasnt expecting the result of this one and am now curious what will happen in the future...a rematch i presume but not for 2 months as itll prolly be another PPV job.

triple threat match was pants.

there was no overkill with backstage crap of stone cold and bischoff.

all in all though i did actually enjoy most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how did HHH and Goldberg finish up. i fell asleep about 3 minutes into it. how did it finish, what moves etc. etc.

it was an ok ppv for me. the colour bars during the michaels v orton match pissed me off no end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

After about 10 minutes, HHH tries to nail Goldberg with the sledgehammer but Goldberg spears him out of the blue, jackhammer and it's all over.. a five minute celebration as what looks to have ended ten minutes too early!

Basically, what should have been their best matches of the night bombed with weak endings. Whats with the leg on the ropes after the three count for Orton V Michaels? I mean, i'm all on for selling someone's finisher, but that was botched!

The Dudleyz match was ok, i can't stand Rob Conway or La LeFrogsLegs and it was good to see Conway take the same bump Spike Dudley. The belt change was a good idea as I get the feeling La LeFrogsLegs will be temporarily split for a few weeks while Griener (sp?) recovers.

Overall, i felt it was pretty poor. It made Bad Blood look good as a RAW only PPV, and that I thought was impossible to do :(

Nero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i didnt watch it so would u guys advise me to watch it thursday or not to watch it.

I wouldn't advise staying up late to watch it.

I'd record it, fast forward to the michaels orton match just to see why i'm so pissed off about it's botched ending (i'm still convinced that flair was late, you'll see what i mean), then forward again just so you can see what lita looks like WITHOUT the implants, forward again until the Shane V Kane match begins. That match is actually worth watching. You might as well watch the announcer match to see how weird it is watching a WWE match without commentary.

The main event isn't worth your time, all ten minutes of it. Although forward three minutes before the end.

Yep, Nero's had a bad day today...
    Nero.

• Advertisement

Ric Flair was definately late. you need no convincing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

1. The IC match. 7/10
    Some innovative stuff, with the Eletric chair/Powerbomb combo and the double frogsplash, a couple of spots were very slow and they didn't seem to know what was happining.

2. Micheals Vs. Orton. 5/10
    O.K match for a while, Flair screwed up on the finish and made nonsense of the rest of the match.

3. Kane Vs. Shano. 8/10
    Match of the night, some big bumps with a huge bump for ShanoMac, at least they told their story well.

4. Ladies tag team match 6/10
    Lita seemed a little rusty (No Suprise) Usual fare nothing unusual or spectacular.

5. Announcers match. 2/10
    Crap, the 2 points are for Y2J kicking JR in the head. (Rumours of this outcome were all over the net)

6. Table match. 7/10
    Good match well sold just wondering was in coincedence that Conway took almost exactly the same bump that Spike did, or were the Dudley Boyz sending a not so subtle message?

7. HHH Vs Goldberg 3/10
    Yawn, Sledgehammer miss, spear, jackhammer, yawn

8. Steiner Vs Test, 5/10
    Seen it all before. Let these guys fight someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

please keep the stiner test match going, keep them together so they dont sink any good wrestlers lets face it its easier to fastforward through one match as ff through two. deasent ppv nice to see frency bust his head shane Vs kane was worth watching but shane should look out for himself that sh1ts dangerous

Steiner doesn't need Test to sink him, HHH did that at WM (and is probably the one responsible for him staying in the midcard). I think Test could be worth a push with his current character change.

As for Shane, he *is* looking out for himself. He spent half the day practicing that stunt before the show went live that night.

Nero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I too thought that the ppv could have been much better but obviously Shano's match was the highlight of the night. One thing about this match annoyed me thoguh. Kane was down for at least a 30 count while Shane was climbing the titontron for the big jump, surely he should have won the match at the count of 10. I know your not supposed to think about this sorta stuff since it's wrestling after all but they could put some more thought into it.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    Kane was down for at least a 30 count while Shane was climbing the titontron for the big jump, surely he should have won the match at the count of 10

you are quite right. i didnt even think about it. i sat there with a big grin on my face waiting for him to jump. sad i know but what can you do :D

I noticed that as well, but i kinda knew once the crowd were chanting "go up top", that something good was gonna come out of it. But one major bump and HHH putting Goldberg over does not excuse over two and a half hours worth of crap. :)

Nero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Nope, both Vince and Linda McMahon have praised Goldberg backstage on the improvement he has shown since starting in April. He's also nowhere near as stiff as he once was. It's just too bad he's only learning to control himself now. I'm no Bret Hart fan, but I question on where he'd be now. Last i recall he was doing stuff for Alan McManus's WWA (and didn't that go rapidly downhill in the last year or so?)

See we've still no word on Nowinski's condition either (he too, suffered Post Concussion Syndrome a couple of months back)

Nero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for the privilege as it was poor, the HHH match vs Goldberg was extremly disappointing and very limited ,
    the announcers match was crap too although it was weird watching the match without commentary

Shane O Mac's match was the highlight by far , as it was on the last PPV as well I might add , he may not be a wrestler or even in that good shape but he had me on the edge of my seat
    I assume he is well and fit does any one know how he is ?, where will he fit to RAW now in the future is he going to have regular fight every week ?

The TEST match was a load of stinky POO, thought the IC match was a little weak but watchable , the tables match was not so bad either

but lets face it SHANE O MAC stole the day

Yeah, but in general the Shane Kane match wasn't great. One Van Terminator and a suicide dive, while they might be great to watch, do they really justify a twenty minute buildup? I think not.

It stole the day thanks to a miserable performance by everyone else. Maybe with exception to the triple electric chair in the IC match.

Piss poor PPV and probably the worst I saw this entire year.
    Nero

Advertisement