Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regarding ISH Magazine

Options
  • 22-09-2003 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

In response to comments previously posted on this board, I wish to further clarify that ISH Magazine has no connection with IRIS magazine.

ISH is the abbreviation of ‘Irish Scene and Heard’. It will be primarily a print publication, and our website will be complementary to this. Any phonetic similarity to IRIS is merely coincidental.

I have the utmost respect for IRIS magazine, and I would not feel it necessary or professional to further engage any previously posted comments, which may mistakenly insinuate rivalry on the part of ISH Magazine.

Best regards,

Denise Williams
    Editor, ISH Magazine
    denise@ishmagazine.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

It's completely ridiculous that anyone even consider IRIS and ISH as rivals, enemies or whatever. IRIS is a quality magazine supporting Irish bands and have given us ,aswell as a lot of unisgned Irish bands, a lot of coverage.

I've seen previews of ISH magazine and it promises to be just as good as IRIS so now we'll have 2 free quality magazines to read. They're both Irish magazines so its absolutely no surprise that they both contain the abreviation 'I' really is i,. tom.

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

I don't mean to be aggressive at all. Everybody wants their own identity and I think the ISH identity, in both of our interests could have been more cleary defined - but whats done is done.

My reaction was also because of someone from ISH (you know who you are) coming up to me in Whelan's and really trying to rub my nose in it for some reason (like I was suposed to be worried or something).... but I guess this is Dublin and I should know better than to pay attention to that type of ****.

That said I think I've drawn enough attention to it now and I wish them the best of luck as I know there is a lot of hard work ahead for them.

Advertisement