Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vice city rampages

• 22-09-2003 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

I've got 34 of the 35 rampages complete and I'll be damned if I'm gonna leave it like that. Can some one sugest one that was really well hidden or something and I'll say if I've done it or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

www.gamefaqs.com
    Get a list of them all and then work you way through it until you find the final one.

I'm missing one unique jump and still can't find it even with help from the above. GAH!! 99% Damnit! It just ain't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Eden

And we've got 98 out of the 100 hidden packages and even with GamesFaq, we can't find the other two.
    SUCKS!
    I have heard that in some cases, the games have a glitch which prevents the player from doing all of the jumps, as in, the player will complete the jump but it won't be recorded, thus dooming to a lifetime of 99% completion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you're using the pc version of vc, you could always try this.
    it basically puts mad flashing lights above any hidden packages/rampages.
    taken from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Eden
    I have heard that in some cases, the games have a glitch which prevents the player from doing all of the jumps, as in, the player will complete the jump but it won't be recorded, thus dooming to a lifetime of 99% completion!

I think this happened to me, I cant get some of the jumps to register at all. Incredibly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I heard somewhere that if you used a cheat somewhere along the line you can only get 99% and no higher. If ye haven't used cheats then I dunno.

• Advertisement

yeah, certain cheats such as armour & health are supposed to fuxor the game up.
    never save the game after you've used cheats if you want to get 100%
    i had a bollox of a time trying to get a unique jump to register, the one south of the malibu. must've gone over every unique jump twice trying to find the one i'd missed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

The hidden packages thing looks really hard. I've been searching the whole place for them for the last few days and I only have like 48 or something. But i really don't think there are many places that I haven't checked yet - and there's more than half still left:(

Well I said **** it and deleted my save game and started from scratch. I'm not doing any story line missions until I've all packages and jump and rampages, and ambulance, taxi, police etc missions done.

Originally posted by [CrimsonGhost]
    Well I said **** it and deleted my save game and started from scratch. I'm not doing any story line missions until I've all packages and jump and rampages, and ambulance, taxi, police etc missions done.
    well, you need to do a few missions on the first island to unlock the 2nd one, as far as phnom penh '86 afair...
    get enough hidden packages to unlock the rhino tank before you do the vigelante missions, using the rhino/hunter for vigelante missions is, imo, the easiest way to make stacks of dirty cash.

/edit
    ahhhhh, i didn't even need to type that...
    stupid hangover, leave me alone!

I had heard with jumping taxi's (100 taxi drop off) that you could reach the second island before opening it the normal way. This unfortunately is not the case as I found out late last night after doing 100 taxi missions back to back. GAH!

As for the vigilante, with the hunter helicopter I think they are much easier, especially when done over the airport.

• Advertisement

true about the hunter, the game crashed on me whenever i got near level 20 tho, got up to 40 in the tank, and i find it easier to get rid of the wanted level...

afaik theres some knack to jumping over the gates in the docks with the taxi, not the gate that cortez's missions come from, the 2nd one...
    never actually tried it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Originally posted by [CrimsonGhost]
    I'm missing one unique jump and still can't find it even with help from the above. GAH!! 99% Damnit! It just ain't good enough.
    You think thats bad, I had it on 99% and last week loaded up my save only to hear a 'bing' and it crashed. Now every time I load up my saves it goes through the loading thing and crashes right as the background sounds come on, had me hoppin mad round the room.

Gonna have to re-install and start over but haven't been able to face it yet. Might do it now and try out that proggy TMan linked to, save myself some hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bah I couldn't be arsed trying to get 100% everything ;)
    It's not as if it unlocks anything... or does it?! :p
    Still - not worth the effort IMO.

The reason you work to get 100% is for the bragging right it bestows upon you. Or you just anal like me and try to do it with every single game you play.

As for the game crashing on load, I know there was a problem with the PS2 version that you couldn't save at the ice-cream palour or your game would crash on loading. You mentioned re-installing so I'm assuming PC version here, I'd be surprised it that was the issue and rockstar hadn't fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Yeah, PC version. From what I can tell it's the sound that's causing it to crash. I just get to hear the background sounds before it locks up, and the debugger /i think/ is pointing towards the sound files:

Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Mp3dec.asi', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Mssa3d.m3d', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Mssa3d2.m3d', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Mssds3dh.m3d', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Mssds3ds.m3d', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Msseax.m3d', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\msseax3.m3d', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Mssfast.m3d', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Mssrsx.m3d', no matching symbolic information found.
    Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\mss\Reverb3.flt', no matching symbolic information found.

Not much help really as there's no debug info built in but there ya go, worked fine for ages up to last week. Course, there's worse things than having to play through VC all over again :D

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Bah I couldn't be arsed trying to get 100% everything ;)
    It's not as if it unlocks anything... or does it?! :p
    Still - not worth the effort IMO.
    cars can take twice the damage, you get 200 health & armour, infinite ammo, 2 bodyguards (which i couldn't be arsed figuring out how to use) and... frankie.
    possibly more, i can't remember.

my save from the 2nd time i got 100%...
    might be handy to someone.

Advertisement