Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Broadband Poll

Options
  • 22-09-2003 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Sorry for diverting attention to another website poll other than boards.ie(which is my only true love). But the Irish Times business section is running a poll on weather or not the government should intervene in the broadband market as Dermot Ahern suggests to lower its price...

Post your views here. The IRish Times usually publishes its business polls every friday. So it does have some impact.
    Broadband Poll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Vote registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

There's a pretty resounding 'Yes' vote there. If the results of poll were ever presented to eircom, I'm sure they would accuse us of vote rigging. Irish people are pretty good at that. Ronnie O'Brien for person of the century anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Originally posted by Serbian
    There's a pretty resounding 'Yes' vote there. If the results of poll were ever presented to eircom, I'm sure they would accuse us of vote rigging. Irish people are pretty good at that. Ronnie O'Brien for person of the century anyone?

Well if u read Chaos's post you will notice that he is not telling you what to vote or even what to say. he is just merely showing that the poll exists and encouraging people to express their opinions.

Last time i cheked alot of teachers try to get debate going. Not to mention these boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by gom
    Well if u read my post you will notice that i am not tell you what to vote or even what to say. I'm just merely showing that it exists and encouraging people to express their views.

Last time i cheked alot of teachs try to get debate going. Not to mention these boards.
    Which post of yours do you want me to read? The thread was started by Chaos-Engine...

Anyway, I wasn't suggesting that anyone was encouraging me to vote yes, I was merely pointing out the large amount of yes votes cast, and the probable reaction of eircom to such a poll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The first post on the poll by Weiner is a hoot. Clueless tosser.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Agreed, whoever guesses who voted no gets a cookie...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

poll comments

The comments finally got updated. Very interesting comments posted. Many an IOFFL member there in the mix.

To my suprise there is a post by Pat Rabbitte

Slow uptake of broadband services is Eircom spin - and nothing less than this. There are 62 million DSL subscribers worldwide currently. I challenge anyone to take 10 minutes out and do a google search on south korea (the leaders in terms of broadband uptake)/broadband - and see how it is chaning their lives - and this is just the start. Ireland will be left for dead in business terms if something is not done NOW!
    Pat Rabbitte, Ireland

a) he knows it's eircom spin

b) he knows what google is!? (did someone else write this for him?)

c) he knows there are 62 million DSL subscribers worldwide

d) he knows s. korea are the leaders for broadband

e) he knows something has to be done now.

Surprisingly knowledgeable - what gives?

It seems the opposition does seem to have somewhat of a clue. Perhaps it's a different Pat Rabbitte to the one I'm thinking of.

It would be nice if it was "the" Pat Rabitte, and it certainly sounds like him, but I'm a little skeptical. I'll be writing to him over the weekend though, so I'll ask him.

I think this thread would be better in the other forum by the way, it's a market issue but the poll is looking for feedback from consumers. Course, if the forums were merged, we wouldn't have this problem

adam "wouldn't let it lie" beecher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

hrrm it's gone now, or i'm blind
    bah

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

you're blind

(but there is a new poll for ryanair)

• Advertisement

Heh, did you see the post under Pet Rabbitte's? Is it "the" Danny O'Brien; what's he doing in Ireland if it is*; and most importantly, will we see a write-up on NTK next week? :)

[EDIT: Ha ha, and two posts under that we have Muck's famous E-Tub, minus the ©®™!]

adam

* Hands off our Karlin Danny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

sorry, it was gone from the front page, so blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Is the poll now closed ? I seem unable to add my own comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by dahamsta

[EDIT: Ha ha, and two posts under that we have Muck's famous E-Tub, minus the ©®™!]

Must I explain the importance of the ®©™ again <sighhhhhhhhhhh> .

Usage Guide!

The E-Tub only exists in Bold and WITH the appendages.

It is as virtual a construct as the E-Hub but unlike the vapourificous E-Hub the E-Tub comes with rigidly standardised notational precepts. I wince when these are misused so here is how you do it properly.

Pass One

The E-Tub of Europe ®©™

Pass Two. You then randomly insert one of the appendages again

The E-Tub of Europe ®©™©

or

The E-Tub of Europe ®©™™

Hopefully this can be stickied, I must PM Paddy20 about this.

M

Originally posted by Muck
    Hopefully this can be stickied, I must PM Paddy20 about this.
    LOL

No, I mean really, I laughed out loud. Hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

As you are a Mod Adam I should point out that I have a fiendishly clever plan under way which could involve sticky (situations) Mods and Paddy20 , that 'laugh' may have been a tad more hysterical than you may care to freely admit.

We, the proles, will vote the Mods into this 'situation' . Only Paddy20 will have the authority to get you out of it again. Consider it my contribution to the Ideals of the Situationist International for the Month.

M

Advertisement