Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An idea

Options
  • 07-06-1999 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

this is to Devore......for the dueling team trials, how about this.......2 groups containing the nominees

eg.

Group 1 Group 2
    Jay Alan
    Braincell Lorcan
    Mickah Overlord
    Zero Bunny

the top 2 from each group goes into a semi final, and the overall winner gets the place
    whadya think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

what if jay lost to alan even thou he could have beaten lorc OL or Bunny (hypothetical!!)

or is that the only way we can do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Am i that bad? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ideas

ooooops that came out wrong

i meant

Group 1
    jay
    braincell
    mickah
    zero

group 2
    alan
    lorcan
    overlord
    bunny

i meant that everyone in the group plays each other, 3 points per win, and the top two from each group.....blah blah blah

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How about this for a counter idea,

You post this under your real name and I'll consider it, until then I have no time for anonymous armchair generals.

Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hehehe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

how about they just have a big duel comp???

Ro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

why is ideas so reluctant to reveal his true identity, i mean that looks like a sound "idea" but i get the "idea" that he wants to remain hidden for some reason. Any "ideas" why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

I think it is a silly idea anyway.
    Some people can duel, some people can't.
    Its completely different to team games.

I agree with what Tom said on the news page.
    Mickah is deffo the better all round...lorc needs to talk, OL spanks holio...best camper in the world, I am just gay...and out of praccy.

I now I am REALLY gay.
    I miss read your post....it is for the dueling ...duh...
    good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TOASTOR

WHAT THE ****??!

WHERE IS NICKY?

THINK OF THE ****!

FOR ****S SAKE, HOW THE ****???

THE ****, THE ****!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

what's the difference? wether it's someones real name or not? it is a ****ing idea. take it on board. --- BORG ta ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Lads yous were all deadly in the wars...mickah, lorcan, jay and especially overlord all played better than me...but when we go to rapture we need a team who can play against ninjas...so its based alot on secondary weapon aim, speed, etc etc..if only we could play those 10 player games again..mmmm

If there is anything happening this weekend I can prolly make it to net house.....
    Om Nyom 8 hours of soliod quake!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm tis like before christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

ah duels dont count for ****, any1 can practise for months to become dedly at duels by simply finding out waht's needed to pin down, say dm4, if yas are going on dueling skills, try ca 1 on 1, dm3, equal weaps, equal health armour, disable the gl if yas want {!}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

"what's the difference? wether it's someones real name or not? it is a ****ing idea. take it on board" said by daire - have to agree, its a good idea

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I strongly support peoples right to post anonymously. I also strongly support my right to ignore the **** out of them.

A better question would be "why didn't this person post under their own name".

Anonimity is often the last refuge of the cowardly, and I dont have time for it.

Here's yet another great idea...
    why dont YOU organise it.

I REALLY hate armchair generals.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

ste:
    "ah duels dont count for ****, any1 can practise for months to become dedly at duels"

eh arse?

so how do you get better at wars then?
    by discussing them at dinner with mummy
    and daddy?

lol - anyone can train for years at martial
    arts and become an expert, it doesnt count
    for sh**

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

pox:
    Well pal, to answer your questions on how you get better at wars, you simply play many a war, to get better at CA play pleanty of CA, to get better at duels, duel. Did you not see the point ? or are you blind ? Perhaps your blind and you print everthing on the net out on brale {!} But then that wouldn't be an acceptable reason as you would be as able as a fullly able non blind person {!} , but b4 I drift from the purpose of this post, may I ask, waht are you trying to say ?

Advertisement