Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Prices

Options
  • 22-09-2003 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

Ya - so ..... I was down in my home town the other day and I went over to look at a new development of houses thats for sale there...... Saw a fabulous 3 bedroom townhouse in a developemnt called Cloghanvary that was really spacious and bright and it was only €162,950. Im not in the market for a house or anything but I thought that was v cheap for a brand new house.......its about the going rate for a town an hour from Dublin though. I was looking at property in Dublin for around the same money, and NOTHING starts below €220k.... not even tiny bungalows in dodgy areas that need loads of work.
    What is the story? Ardee is like I said only an hour from Dublin on the motorway.... How can there be such an enormous difference in house prices..... Dont say to me "its Dublin" cos I was stunned by the difference.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's convenience - is there a 24 shop in Ardee? Cinemas, theatres, a variety of employment, the list goes on ... this is what you (well not you) are paying for.

Teh first houses in an estate will always be cheaper (to encourage sales and get cashflow for builder).

And the market is soft at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Ya there is a 24 hour shop...
    As for theatres, employment etc... all within twenty minutes drive from the town.
    And tis phase two in that development - the first phase was actually cheaper still.
    If I had the cash I wouldve bought straight away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Why not borrow the deposit and rent out a room or two..

would be well worth it..

That is if you are still living at home..

Advertisement