Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neocron

• 22-09-2003 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

www.neocron.com

Anyone else play?

This is a really good mmorpg with some issues, main problem is the lack of people on the servers, theres an expansion coming out soon (Dome of York) which will hopefully come with a lot of publicity and a re-release that'll boost server numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

DoY has been coming out "soon" since december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i played it for about 6 months good game but i found it got boring
    its easy enough cap caracters and get all the rares you need
    then your just left with pvp, mainly at outposts where u often have to wait up to 30 mins for each wave of attack
    the gm events are few and far between

still welll worth getting its just the end game content isnt there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i gave up on 4 char servers
    moved to pluto, lot more fun there.

the new update rocks, private eye's and spies got power armor and a **** load of new items

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There have been a huge number of additions/changes. Anyone who hasn't played in a month or so will already be out of date with what is going on.

Some things I can remember.

Genrep Locking - Genreps (Teleporters/respawn points) are now controlled by factions and clans. So if you own an outpost you control who goes to that part of the world (and get paid for people using it).

It has annoyed some greatly, but has made outposts more viable resources. Likewise outposts give smaller bonuses to friendly factions, and when you GR into the outpost now you appear in the underground section with 0 Synaptic Impairment (SI).

new items - Tons of new items. The latest are Machina gloves (give massive boosts to trades people) and Kami chips (give godly boosts to attack, while removing almost all defenses). Airplanes will be in soon (on test server), new anti-craft weapons, new crafts, crafts souped up, new drones, PSI Monk armors, Spy Armor, Private Eye PowerArmor.

New dungeons, new monsters (Kami soliders, DOY Bots, Mutants with BFO guns).

Storyline - There is somewhat of a story line now and it is being acted apon. NPCS in the city give the low down, but there are other things happening. For example the City Admin forces embargoing Tech Haven have pulled out, but Plaza I (Safe zone) has been beefed up with CopBots as they plan to remove the safe zone from that area.

Likewise they plan to pull out all copbots from pepper park area except at Plaza zone points.

... I play on Pluto too, as it is the best laugh and people know each other better. Also harder to farm resources without help so keeps the prices of everything high and hard to get.

I play a PPU (Passive PSI monk), it is a good laugh. I can't kill **** but I am extremly hard to be killed.

I have also tried playing a rifle spy and I have to say Sniping people from miles away is a good laugh.

Btw, if you do play check out the cross country race they are having with cars. Prizes are over 3 million in cash for winners.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77310

Advertisement